Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 07:34 PM

Default 6c6h 2/5 NL 1800 bucks deep, GS covers

Ghetto Superstar, with tats and lots of bling, limps UTG+1, I raise to 25 in CO. SB calls. He calls.
Board Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB leads for 50.
GhettoSuperstar announces all in under his breath but doesn’t follow through. Barely audible. May have got reaction off me, prolly. GS calls.
I raise to 225. The last big play that anyone saw, flop 9s Tc 3s, I have Qs Js UTG, I c/r MP and two callers pot to 400 2x overbet and force everyone out, they don’t see my hand obv.

Dealer is being a tool. Has a fill that just came. Is [censored] about with things and stalls between flop and turn. Ghetto Superstar says, “You want to see something?”. I pause and consider if I want to see something and how I will react to what I might see. Also, I am pretty sure what will turn up right now.
He repeats it.
I say “Sure”. He checks and then flips the top card face up A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
The turn is the 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
He takes a bill and bets 100.
I pause and flat call. I will leave my thought process out for now. However, I will share that I thought the river was the place to make money from the moment he said “You want to see something?”.
The river is the 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] completing straights, but I thought that irrelevant.
He checks to me. I pause and think. Pick up some bills and bet 200. He jacks it to 700. I should do what?
Thoughts on all streets would be appreciated.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: 6c6h 2/5 NL 1800 bucks deep, GS covers

I don't understand the point of betting this river unless it's to induce a bluff from the bare Ad, so you should be calling this. What can he just call here with that you beat?
Old 06-21-2007, 07:44 PM

what is your hand?
Old 06-21-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the point of betting this river unless it's to induce a bluff from the bare Ad, so you should be calling this. What can he just call here with that you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its hard to even follow your description but, I agree waht are you doing on the river bet. He isnt folding a flush and isnt calling with pair plus A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. If you have him pegged at no flush and count on him bluff raising then great play, and obv. call. But I doubt thats what you were up to.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:07 AM

if you bet this river you should be full willing to instacall his raise, toherwise check behind
Old 06-22-2007, 12:31 AM

He showed you the Ad and yet you flat called the turn so that should tell him that you don't have the flush since a flush should raise the tiny turn bet to protect his hand. Like everyone else said, if you bet this river, it's to induce a bluff so call.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 AM

If you bet the river you need to call the cr
Old 06-22-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ghetto Superstar, with tats and lots of bling, limps UTG+1, I raise to 25 in CO. SB calls. He calls.
Board Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB leads for 50.
GhettoSuperstar announces all in under his breath but doesn’t follow through. Barely audible. May have got reaction off me, prolly. GS calls.
I raise to 225. The last big play that anyone saw, flop 9s Tc 3s, I have Qs Js UTG, I c/r MP and two callers pot to 400 2x overbet and force everyone out, they don’t see my hand obv.

Dealer is being a tool. Has a fill that just came. Is [censored] about with things and stalls between flop and turn. Ghetto Superstar says, “You want to see something?”. I pause and consider if I want to see something and how I will react to what I might see. Also, I am pretty sure what will turn up right now.
He repeats it.
I say “Sure”. He unzips his pants lets his wang out.
The turn is the 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
He takes a bill and bets 100.
I pause and flat call. I will leave my thought process out for now. However, I will share that I thought the river was the place to make money from the moment he said “You want to see something?”.
The river is the 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] completing straights, but I thought that irrelevant.
He checks to me. I pause and think. Pick up some bills and bet 200. He jacks himself while betting to 700. I should do what?
Thoughts on all streets would be appreciated. BTW did I suck too much on the river because now it's all messy and im unsure of what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-22-2007, 01:13 AM

i've played with a ton of these characters and that seems like a bluff... if he like overshoved allin I would believe him more but this is a bluff and I'm pretty confident you're the winner.