Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Headphones!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, you could spend like 900 bucks and get a rega mira, which is like the best consumer level amp like ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

anyway, i want to second, well, everything RJ said here. he's obviously really knowledgeable, but i did exactly what he's suggesting when i went away to school and don't regret a thing.

to add; if any of you are thinking of getting a nice 2-channel system and are anywhere near Audio Outlet, in Mt. Kisco, NY , they were fantastically helpful in letting me listen to stuff and make a decision about what to buy. though they tend to specialize in things way outside of a price range I was considering, they were nothing but fantastic and knowledgeable about things I could afford, and being able to sit in a real listening room and hear the really outrageous audio gear out there was definitely cool.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:40 PM

Thanks again for the advice a while back in that thread I think, I do remember it. Enjoying my e4cs by Shure, they are one of the best things I own.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:04 AM

I'm having some problems with my earphones and thought someone here might be able to help me or figure out what's going on. I have a pair of Shure e500s and about three weeks ago I experienced a sudden significant drop in volume in the left earbud. I realize this is common and is most often caused by wax buildup. I cleaned the hell out of the inside of the earbud but nothing changed. Several days earlier I had whacked my 'phones on a table and chipped off a piece of the outer casing on the left earbud. I assumed I had damaged the internal electronics and was looking into sending them to Sure for repair when yesterday they started working fine again--for about 15 minutes. After that time there was a sudden drop in volume in the right earbud--the left one now sounds as good as new. I'm sure this has nothing to do with my ipod because my other headphones sound fine (just not as good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 07:43 AM

Update--the loss of sound in the right earbud was caused by wax buildup and is fine now. I still have no idea why the left one would suddenly start working again though.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:14 PM

I've had 4 sets of earphones (different brands) where 1 earbud just stops working. Usually it starts off working intermittently and after a while completely stops producing sound.

Anybody know why?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:34 PM

I have the E2C's and initially they were very snug and comfortable inside my ear, but now as I use them more and more I feel a dull sore pain in my ear. Earlier in this thread I read to put them deep into your ear to achieve the best quality of sound, are in ear headphones just not for me?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:09 AM

Try switching to a different attachment. So if you're using the plastic ones, switch to the foam. Or vice versa. I think most people find the foam sleeves the most comfortable. If you've tried many attachment types and sizes and it's still not comfortable, then yea they probably are just not for you.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:00 AM

I've got a pair of Hd650s and a gilmore lite amp for using with my PC. I'm looking to get a new sound card - any suggestions? Also, anyone got any suggestions on a decent upgrade cable for the 650s?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:42 AM

I have the etymotic's and I love them. I believe a large portion of the complaints that come about with these headphones is that they are not worn properly.

When wearing these buds, you need to slide them deep into your ear, at first it seems uncomfortable but if you read the directions on how to put the headphones on it makes all the difference.

Link can be found here. http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx

Best sounds I have ever heard from a headphone and actually better for your ear because of the amazing noise cancelling. I could have these headphones on with no music playing and still not be able to hear anything around me. It's like earplugs with great sound.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking to get a new sound card - any uggestions?

any suggestions on a decent upgrade cable for the 650s?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am using an M-Audio sound card. The E-MU 0404 seems
popular and the Chaintech AV-710 is a cheap option.
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...2496-main.html
http://www.emu.com/products/product....;product=10447
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829120103

I'm happy with the Cardas cable on my 650s.
http://www.headphone.com/products/cables...-hd650-10ft.php