Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 08:27 AM

Default NL10, flopped top two pair

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($10.35)
CO ($9.85)
Button ($6.45)
SB ($1.80)
BB ($9.65)
UTG ($17.70)
UTG+1 ($18.35)
MP1 ($18.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.35</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3.7</font>, Hero ???

Unfortunately I don't have PT, so I can't help much there. Scouring through the hand history, the most noticeable thing I can find about the Villain is talking about his hand a few times. There is one showdown with this, in which he was telling the truth. In this hand, the Villain says "fold" while I am tanking.

Other than that, the Villain seems relatively tight preflop and does not appear to have made any particularly donkish moves.

Is this a set, straight or A/x two pair often enough to fold?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:38 AM

Default Re: NL10, flopped top two pair

FWIW, I always ignore table chat. For me, it's not worth the effort of all the "He thinks I think that he thinks that I think that he has Aces" nonsense.

I think you can fold this here. If the turn wasn't an Ace I'd probably get it all in or at least call, but all the hands you were getting value from except KK and QQ (and I suppose 89 and T9) just beat you.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:08 AM

I fold, because I don't see you beating much here and you never know if you're drawing dead.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:53 AM

I have never played full ring NL but is it standard at full ring to limp that kind of hand at that position?
Could try full ring forum next time they prolly know better full ring stuff than ppl in here.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never played full ring NL but is it standard at full ring to limp that kind of hand at that position?
Could try full ring forum next time they prolly know better full ring stuff than ppl in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play FR exclusively, and i think the open limp is horrible (with any hand, in any position). Would've said that in the first post, but it seemed a bit much for my first post.

Related question: So do most/almost all of the people posting in th uNL forum play shorthand? And presumably the full ring forum is for all levels? I could never understand that.