Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention there would be no chance you'd actually buy the other game. Now there is no chance you buy any game from them of course, because you have a sandy vagina, but they couldn't know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. It's completely insane for a customer to be pissed off and take their business elsewhere, that never happens. And if it does, who cares? You can call them names to make yourself feel better. You should open up a business of your own, sounds like you'd be very successful.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:25 PM

OP,

The more you justify your rage, the stupider you begin to sound. You don't seem to understand that they're losing more than just $5. If everyone who shopped there purchased a brand new game and returned it two days later for a $5 fee, the store would have an awful lot of used games. It's most likely that nobody's going to buy a used game for $45 when they could buy it new for $50. So they'd have to mark it down to at least $40, losing them $5 on that transaction. And what happens if you don't like the game you exchanged for? You get to return it for a fee again, losing them another $5. At some point, the store is going to be overrun with used games that nobody wants to purchase, or that they do purchase at a loss to the store.

I'm actually baffled that you're seemingly an adult who's made it this far in life without encountering policies like this one. I'm 26, and I've been attempting to bypass them for 12 years.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:36 PM

OP, this is one of those threads where you just need to suck it up, tuq your tail between your legs, and walk away quietly. Come back next Monday, and hopefully we will all forget what an idiot you were.

Seriously, I do it all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The bottom line is you're an idiot. You made the mistake buying the wrong game, you opened it up, and now you're essentially trying to get them to pay you full (or nearly full) retail price for a used game that they'll be lucky not to take a loss on. Have some personal accountability and suck it up. It's not their job to cover your ass for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a mistake, I'm not denying that. So what? I'm human, I make mistakes. As far as they go, it's a pretty common and harmless one. The problem with most of these responses is you're not thinking logically from a business perspective. I never argued that the fault wasn't on me in the first place.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with most of these responses is you're not thinking logically from a business perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. The obvious play here is to open up a video game store with a customer-friendly return policy! Imagine the loyalty that would develop. People would come back over and over!
Old 11-02-2007, 03:47 PM

Maybe you should get your mommy to go down there and talk to the manager.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

The more you justify your rage, the stupider you begin to sound. You don't seem to understand that they're losing more than just $5. If everyone who shopped there purchased a brand new game and returned it two days later for a $5 fee, the store would have an awful lot of used games. It's most likely that nobody's going to buy a used game for $45 when they could buy it new for $50. So they'd have to mark it down to at least $40, losing them $5 on that transaction. And what happens if you don't like the game you exchanged for? You get to return it for a fee again, losing them another $5. At some point, the store is going to be overrun with used games that nobody wants to purchase, or that they do purchase at a loss to the store.

I'm actually baffled that you're seemingly an adult who's made it this far in life without encountering policies like this one. I'm 26, and I've been attempting to bypass them for 12 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man, your argument is ridiculous. "If everybody did what you did, then they would lose money!" Ok? Not everybody is doing what I'm doing, so that's a moot point. There are a lot of policies that can be abused in any store if everybody decided to do so, but that isn't the case. Hell, I'm not even asking them to change the policy. I'm asking them to make a very reasonable exception to the rule in a manner that doesn't cost them money. Is this really that insane to you?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on man, your argument is ridiculous. "If everybody did what you did, then they would lose money!" Ok? Not everybody is doing what I'm doing, so that's a moot point.

[/ QUOTE ]
But if a store was known for this policy, everyone would. Are you serious?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm asking them to make a very reasonable exception to the rule in a manner that doesn't cost them money. Is this really that insane to you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you think you're the only one who's ever purchased a game they didn't like? And yes, completely insane that you don't even understand why they won't let you. You're either extremely stupid or extremely naive.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:50 PM

It is costing them money. If you want $50 for your game so badly, put it up on Craigslist and sell it to some kid yourself.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, this is one of those threads where you just need to suck it up, tuq your tail between your legs, and walk away quietly. Come back next Monday, and hopefully we will all forget what an idiot you were.

Seriously, I do it all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll admit defeat when somebody makes a practical argument that makes sense, or points out a similar flaw in mine.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The problem with most of these responses is you're not thinking logically from a business perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. The obvious play here is to open up a video game store with a customer-friendly return policy! Imagine the loyalty that would develop. People would come back over and over!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heard that one before .. try again.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should get your mommy to go down there and talk to the manager.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure thing, random condescending OOT poster #102947.