Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: QTs - dubious preflop call, but standard call bluff?

I dont like flop call. Youre obvious ly beat hear. Push turn.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: QTs - dubious preflop call, but standard call bluff?

[ QUOTE ]
That part in color isnt exactly true. I've advocated in the past on specific hands, that sometimes is is better to pass up on a marginal edge early to exploit a bigger edge on the turn, when the bets are bigger and the hand clearer. Granted, this is more a limit concept, but can be applied to uNL as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have been a bit more precise. I agree with what you say about deferring an edge on the flop for a bigger edge on the turn (e.g. SSHE, "Two Overpair Hands", but it also can be adapted to NL). That's because a given hand's turn betting isn't independent from the flop betting. Every valid slowplay is a form of deferring an edge to get a bigger edge.

But from one hand to the next, they're usually independent trials. Others have cited situations where the player might pick up and leave, but those are rare. This particular opponent might be more likely to look me up next time I bluff him, but the answer is to adjust and value bet my good hands more.

[ QUOTE ]
I also like to note that I agree with your last statement, but you cant tell anyone that does not play these stakes that because they will just dismiss that as not being true. The 50nl game on FTP now reminds me of the 200nl game during the summer, same for stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically I'm playing online to build a bit of bankroll for B&M, and to practice beating tougher games. I'll be traveling to Tunica a lot because the $1-2 game is probably more profitable than 4-tabling NL25.