Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Depositing to a gaming site via credit card (Canadian)

i'm looking to deposit at interpoker specifically. i e-mailed them and they said there was no fee on a credit card deposit. what's the reason people don't want to deposit by credit card? is it just because many credit cards block the transactions?

is there anything else i should be looking out for when i make a credit card deposit, such as cash advance fees or anything like that? obviously i'll call my credit card company and ask before i deposit but i'm just wondering what to watch for.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Depositing to a gaming site via credit card (Canadian)

well, for one it's a PITA to get the money out. all sites will not credit money back onto your credit card.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm looking to deposit at interpoker specifically. i e-mailed them and they said there was no fee on a credit card deposit. what's the reason people don't want to deposit by credit card? is it just because many credit cards block the transactions?

is there anything else i should be looking out for when i make a credit card deposit, such as cash advance fees or anything like that? obviously i'll call my credit card company and ask before i deposit but i'm just wondering what to watch for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of people use CC's to deposit on sites. The thing is, that's usually a one-way route, so you'll see a lower percentage of 2+2ers using them...most of us aspire to be withdrawing more than depositing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Also, you're correct that some CCs block the transactions, so this avenue isn't available to everyone.

That being said, I've done it once or twice for reloads when I didn't have enough eWallet money available (poor planning) or the like. Sometimes you will get dinged a cash advance, it depends on the site as much as the CC. Not that the site has any say in the matter, just that different sites are seen differently by the CC company. I think the cash advance on my CC is $5, and of course they usually start charging interest from day one on cash advances.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:21 PM

Last time I had to buyin back in dec I used a CC, mastercard to be exact. No mproblems, but they did ding me a $2.75 fee. Cashing out isn't any problem as I get cheques mailed.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:46 PM

Anyone know if a Citi Mastercard will charge a cash-advance fee for these types of transactions?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:07 PM

Anyone using a prepaid credit card?