Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 03:13 AM

Default TT and flush draw

Stars 5/10

Villian is TAG seems decent, I take his 3bet as strong.

raise UTG T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG+1 3 bets - all fold I call.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check-call

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check-call

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet

good, bad or ugly?

Ta

chez
Old 03-04-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Re: TT and flush draw

are you calling or folding to a raise?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you calling or folding to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
calling
Old 03-04-2007, 03:27 AM

i think i like it. i'm kind of torn about what to do with a raise. i mean, i would probably end up calling b/c i don't think it's good to fold the 2nd nuts for one more bet in a decent pot, but really, if he raises you're toast. meh, i think b/c is fine. other than that i like your line
Old 03-04-2007, 05:25 AM

goot
Old 03-04-2007, 05:46 AM

I play it the same.

There is a lot of worse hands hands in his range without a K or a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] that checks behind.

FWIW I never fold to a raise.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:43 AM

People may hate this, but I think the turn is a fold.

You say villain is a TAG and you respect his 3-bet. This means the only hand you're likely ahead of it AK with a single diamond here - maybe 99 with a diamond, but way way less likely.

On the turn, you're getting just over 5:1 to call. There are 9 diamonds left in the deck, but we have to discount for those times villain has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and the reverse implied odds that follow from that. Therefore, I'm saying allow for about 6 effective outs - just off the top of my head. Therefore you need 7:1 money to break even.

Now there remains the slight chance that your are still ahead (subject to redraws, though). I don't think this makes up for the difference here.

The turn is a fold.

AS
Old 03-04-2007, 12:27 PM

No way do you fold the turn... Hes much likely to have AQ, AJ, QQ, JJ, KK, AA than AK with a diamond (which we happen to be ahead of anyways).. I'd give us at least 8 effective outs..

As played river is a bet/call.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No way do you fold the turn... Hes much likely to have AQ, AJ, QQ, JJ, KK, AA than AK with a diamond (which we happen to be ahead of anyways).. I'd give us at least 8 effective outs..

As played river is a bet/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, dude. Re-read my post. Then re-read your reply. Then think long and hard. Then think some more. Then think about whether or not your reply makes one lick of sense.

AS
Old 03-04-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People may hate this, but I think the turn is a fold.

You say villain is a TAG and you respect his 3-bet. This means the only hand you're likely ahead of it AK with a single diamond here - maybe 99 with a diamond, but way way less likely.

On the turn, you're getting just over 5:1 to call. There are 9 diamonds left in the deck, but we have to discount for those times villain has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and the reverse implied odds that follow from that. Therefore, I'm saying allow for about 6 effective outs - just off the top of my head. Therefore you need 7:1 money to break even.

Now there remains the slight chance that your are still ahead (subject to redraws, though). I don't think this makes up for the difference here.

The turn is a fold.

AS

[/ QUOTE ]

turn fold, lmao

Yes, if he has AA, no diamond, we are in BIIIIIIIIIIG trouble with 11 outs. And if he has AK, no diamond, we are in BIIIIIIIIIIG trouble with 75% equity.

Sure, he's going to have a set sometimes, and a AA with a diamond sometimes. But so what, it's a decent pot, and we have a good draw.

If you miss the river, then check/fold. Folding this turn is bad.

And, if he's a straight forward player, he won't bet the river with AK because he knows you are showing down when you call the turn.