Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: 27$ - middlestacked AQ hand

nice
Old 10-23-2007, 09:07 PM

Preflop I just limp also w/ two limpers ahead but I don't think the raise is that bad. Pushing pre would only be called by a better hand and since you have 25BBs+ so I wouldn't shove

On the flop, yeah its very awkawrd spot but pushing 20BB's w/ A high kinda sucks but your pot committed either way you bet so I would just check behind and play from there
Old 10-24-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mh, if I limp behind we see a flop 5-handed.
I hate this with TPTK/TP2K... and I don't think I'm good at playing it.
Is pushing pf very bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats a bad reason for playing it pf this way. Also by bloating the pot with your 250 raise, you make playing whiffed postflop much more spewy.

Which is better/worse?

50 chips and maybe having to play postflop with TP2k or TPTK (or JKT) ... or just mucking to some ones donkbet

OR

Bloating pf, mucking to someone shoving behind you / someone leading a flop that you whiff and you muck (spewing 250)

Bloating pf, whiffing, cbetting and getting c/r or flatted and giving up on future streets (spewing 250 + probably 350 cbetting)

The only time bloating pf is good is when you get a call from like JQ and flop a queen ,or A9 and flop an ace, etc.. and these players limped and will pay you by the turn anyways once you bet the flop. No need to complicate thingsb before you get there, or to stop them from getting t here to pay you.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:00 AM

I think this is very meh...I snap call that with tons of hands because you don't play AA, KK,QQ like this post flop.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:03 AM

I didnt even comment on postflop. Luis nailed it.

Your hand is a bluff that is very transparent to someone that puts thought into your line (likely not many of your opponents)
Old 10-24-2007, 07:57 AM

Well, I was pushing the flop because I don't want to invest > 30% of my stack and fold afterwards.
Though, I won't play QQ+ this way, which makes the "bluff"(i often still have the best hand lol) obvious.

I think I'm not so incompetent postflop, but it really sucks if you limp behind, flop gives you top pair, and you get a lot of action from some guy.
My experience shows that they play their QT on a Q high flop the very same like two pairs or a set.
They just don't fold and want to get their moneys in, because they heard somewhere that aggression is rewarded.
That makes it pretty ugly to play. But oh well.

Towelie, another limper changes the math a lot.
There is already 50+50+25+50=175 in the pot, more than in a folded-to-me-hand at 50/100.
And a push there with effective 13 bb can't be that bad because obviously no one limps here ever with anything far ahead of us. In fact they love to look you up with like AT.

BTW, against luis I will just overbet-push my overpairs on the flop in the future. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Conclusion: I agree, raising pf sucks in this spot.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm not so incompetent postflop, but it really sucks if you limp behind, flop gives you top pair, and you get a lot of action from some guy.
My experience shows that they play their QT on a Q high flop the very same like two pairs or a set.
They just don't fold and want to get their moneys in, because they heard somewhere that aggression is rewarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its good if you get alot of action from some guy.

I think the way they play there QT here makes us want to keep them in and not drive them out PF.

I think i mentioned this in my first post so im just being repetitive.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its good if you get alot of action from some guy.

I think the way they play there QT here makes us want to keep them in and not drive them out PF.

I think i mentioned this in my first post so im just being repetitive.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, that's why a limp is fine.
But when there are five guys at the flop you will virtually never know where you stand, especially when TP+ is the nutz for everyone.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually just limp AQ behind at this blind level. As played, the bet is double pot so I'm not too thrilled. A c-bet has to be pretty big so I lean towards a check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Darin: would you limp AK too or you definitely raise that?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I usually just limp AQ behind at this blind level. As played, the bet is double pot so I'm not too thrilled. A c-bet has to be pretty big so I lean towards a check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Darin: would you limp AK too or you definitely raise that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Or would you just shove it?