Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: 3 handed, flop sick now, cry later

[ QUOTE ]
2 things im not sure people who think folding here is awful are considering.

If you are ahead it's likely that collectivly they have 7-17 outs vs you.

If you are behind, you're drawing dead.

How many more bets is it going to cost you to see a showdown? How many more bets are you willing to put in before you say "okay now im beat"? If one guys willing to go a few bets more on the river with a set and the other guy has a lower flush, what now?
If you're ahead the betting will likely stop now or with another river bet. if you're behind, who knows how much more you have to invest.

I'm not saying a fold is correct, im saying I would have folded in the heat of the moment.. It's pretty close. I underestimate LAG's ability to play reatarded too frequently though. I'm also not familiar with 3-handed agression levels.

If you are consistantly folding good hands to too much agression they can knock you out of too many pots. You do have to show them that you will not be pushed out at times. I wouldn't assume they were trying to do this , before it happened a couple times though..

Against two TAG's it's a clear fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny thing is how so many people are hitting the fold button here. To call a LAG a "retard", and getting you to 10 high flush, 3 handed, is more retarded. If my opponent in a 3 handed game was worried about making big laydowns and folds flushes and all sorts of other good stuff, Id push the pedal to the floor as well. The hand is simple, call.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"They were playing HUHU before I sat between them. Games at 5/10 always get full so don't tell me to not sit with these guys."

I'm not gonna tell you not to sit with this guys, becuz I dont know what your personal objective is when you sit down at a poker table. If your goal is to become the best poker player possible then I definitely think you should play 3handed with these guys. If youre like me, and your only goal when you play poker is to grind out a profit, then sitting down at this table would be extremely stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. The seat to the left of the 45/30 guy is gold when the game fills up. Stars 5/10 tables fill up within 3-5 minutes, usually. He stays 45/30 at 5-6 handed tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you retarded?

the seat to the left of a 45/ 3 /xx is gold, or 56/7

Anyone with a PFR over 15 and under 35 isn't the person I want position on.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:29 PM

so you wont have pos on a 70/30 guy?

always better to have the aggros on your right, no?