Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Full Ring 101 Questions - N00Bs ask here

[ QUOTE ]
I'm basically having the same confusion. I watched bottomsets' videos, got jazzed, opened 4 25NL tables and tried to play like him, raising limpers with a wide variety of hands, open raising with pp in any position, etc. I dropped 3 buyins in an hour. I'm sure he would have done much better postflop than me or maybe read the tables better or whatever.

Anyway, I'm not skilled enough for that kind of play, so basically, I'm back to 1-tabling, sometimes 2, focusing on the fish and trying to stay out of trouble

[/ QUOTE ]

jumping right into this style is the worst idea ever. take the tight approach to begin, until u can hand read and board read well (ud b surprised how much reading the board helps as u move up). playin a high-variance style (raising all PPs, pressuring limpers, and gettin involved often) will only prove to b frustrating as ur not rly sure why ur doin it.

(also, droppin 3BI in an hour isnt a lot, even while 4tabling, with this type of style. one bad run of raising and CBing can kill u anyway. (what most dont realize is that a standard raise pf/CB/fold line, done 10times, is a BI gone))
Old 10-31-2007, 02:28 PM

I'd raise with 54o on the button if the blinds are weak. I'd fold if they aren't. I wouldn't open limp with 54o on the button, it's raise or fold.

I'd raise with stuff like A8o if opening on the button though - hands I'd usually fold if there's lots of limpers.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:02 PM

why can't i get my graph to post?

I uploaded it to photobucket but I can't paste it in to thread. closest i've had is the URL to the pic
Old 10-31-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I uploaded it to photobucket but I can't paste it in to thread. closest i've had is the URL to the pic

[/ QUOTE ]

use www.imageshack.us

copy the link from "hot link to forums"

and paste into 2p2

shud do the trick
Old 10-31-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There should be three options there. Click on the "image" one and paste that in the thread. Should work ok but ask if you get stuck...
Old 10-31-2007, 08:31 PM

Just moved upto $10NL, I multi-table(9). I have PT but have still to get PAHUD.

Quick question,

When a short stack ($2 20bb) open raises (standard 40) and it is folded to you with players still to act. What is your hand range to raise (assuming we are either rr or folding - never calling here right? unless trapping an aggro player to our left)

1) an unknown player?
2) a tight player?
3) a loose player?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:35 PM

I feel uncertain about the definition of fold equity and how to compute my total equity. Say, my equity is x percent and I guess my FE is y percent. Is my total equity then simply (x+y) percent? May sound weird, but I'm asking this because I'm not sure if they simply add up when thinking about hands villain folds that I beat or that beat my hand respectively. Does FE only include better hands than mine? Or is the difference negligible? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 04:43 PM

Fold equity is like taking a portion of your opponents range and replacing them with hands drawing dead. The difference in the equity vs that range vs the true range is your FE, so adding them together gives you total equity, yes.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:27 PM

Didn't want to start a new thread, and figured this is as good a place as any to ask my question. Maybe bring out some more n00b questions again.

I was wondering about the Full Tilt "CAP NL" tables. I see that they're available for more than Full Ring, and it appears like they cap the maximum amount you can lose (30BB, I guess?). So, does anybody play these seriously? It seems like it would be a short-stackers paradise. Is it full of n00bs or sharks?
Old 11-09-2007, 03:03 PM

I play them sometimes at PLO but they are only rarely available there...
I don't think though that they are a paradise for shortstackers, as by definition, every player at the table is virtually a SS (effective stacks only 30BB). Another problem for real shortstackers is that Cap tables are mostly available at 6max and for shortstackers FR is better than 6max due to lower blind pressure.