Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Cake Poker Slanders Me, Threatens Me, and Takes Initial Deposit

Reef's opening salvo was overly antagonistic, but Cake's customer service has an obligation to respond professionally regardless.

I wouldn't have played on Cake anyway. I'm done with half assed sites.

Chunwah
Old 07-07-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reef is banned by self-request for 22 days so you might as well lock this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

???

weird.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:26 PM

I used to work a CS and the customer is king, people who contact CS often have some sort of problem that they're upset about and it's always the company which is at fault (right or wrong). So what you do is you listen to them first and take them seriously and then explain the problem and try to come up with a solution. You would not threaten or call names there is no point and as a CS rep I would just laugh and joke about the [censored] customers at the coffe machine.

Also I did not know using caps was so rude and that some people take it so seriously, I'm just ignorant so I guess I could make that mistake too.

Another point is pokerrooms are dealing with clients from all over the world and they should be used to the not so polite emails. I mean I relly liked some of the polite examples but I could never have written them myself. Because of language difficulties especially spelling I like to keep it short and sweet, furthermore in many countries we don't use the polite sir stuff.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:11 PM

I think it's pretty pointless to continue this thread without cake or reef posting the entire history of correspondence unedited.

I completely agree with Kriber13 below that the customer should be king, but at some point did Reef cease to be a customer and become something else because of his emails? We have no way of knowing, we've just seen brief snippets of the emails which has been released by one side of the argument.

I do agree that it's weird that Reef has been asked to post more of the emails and he's now locked himself out for 22 days.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:33 PM

Regardless of how horribly unprofessional this C/S reacted I do think it's important that one remembers that these guys are human, and that some of them might not be such outstanding people no matter how well they have been trained.

There has been some speculation that perhaps some of the hacked accounts on FT and other sites perhaps stem from a C/S person at a site (current or former) getting some of the passwords or something.
Anything's possible.

If a guy has any chance of getting access to my password or CC info I really don't want to go out of my way to tick them off to the point where I will be on their 'list' of people he decides to go after he leaves the company (or gets fired and decides to grab the info of as many customers as he can before he gets shown the door).

For a couple months my Dad was getting harassing and scary prank phone-calls ("I'm coming to your house. You're going to get it!!")
Got the police on it and after they traced the call it was determined that it was some MCI telemarketer guy that my Dad had been especially rude to which was pretty typical for him especially if they would call during dinner or something.

No, Cake's guy wasn't in the right here.
But to expect that each one of these sites has 100% awesome, professional employees who actually wouldn't do something like this is unrealistic imo.

They're just typical C/S people working at a job. And they might have access to your CC or password info if they really want it.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Reef is banned by self-request for 22 days so you might as well lock this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

???

weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gild story plz
Old 07-07-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

???

weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gild story plz

[/ QUOTE ]

2nded
Old 07-08-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's pretty pointless to continue this thread without cake or reef posting the entire history of correspondence unedited.

I completely agree with Kriber13 below that the customer should be king, but at some point did Reef cease to be a customer and become something else because of his emails? We have no way of knowing, we've just seen brief snippets of the emails which has been released by one side of the argument.

I do agree that it's weird that Reef has been asked to post more of the emails and he's now locked himself out for 22 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll clear the Reef "locking himself out"

Reef locks himself out ALL THE TIME! He does this because he has a bad habit of spending WAYYY too much time on 2+2 when he should be doing other things.

The "other thing" he is doing is going home (FAR AWAY) and spending 3 weeks with his mother.

He also used to lock himself out during finals (we went to the same college)

So his "lock out" has NOTHING to do with this cakepoker escapade.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:02 AM

Reef shouldn't be let near a computer he's too dumb. In fact he should just go somewhere. It's clear from what he has posted that he just goes out of his way to make trouble.... making numerous threats. Why not give people a break.. you emailed them..they fixed the problem..that should have been the end of things...to go on to make threats was a real loser thing to do.

I'm 100% in support of cake poker.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So his "lock out" has NOTHING to do with this cakepoker escapade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure...Reef has failed to post emails in their entirety. He has even gone as far as having a screenshot of an email showing only what he wants to show. Why not just screenshot the entire conversation? I think something is missing here as pointed out by Mr Haven. He then follows it up by self banning himself for 3 weeks until this entire thing blows over.

Something doesnt seem right.