FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DblJ,

Dont waste your time trying to have a reasonable discussion with Midge. He simply either isnt capable of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

VR, would you consider saying Blackwater employees never kill anyone to be reasonable discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly is when you define "Employee" as someone who works for you. If you're interested in what Blackwater <u>employees</u> do, they work here in America, training law enforcement, military, and private citizens in various firearms and unarmed self defense techniques, and they work as mechanics, etc.

The security agents work as independent contractors, they write invoices and have checks deposited into checking accounts. They do not work for Blackwater. They are screened, background checked, pass their firearms qualification courses, then are checked as "Cleared" by Blackwater, at which point they head over to work for various clients of Blackwater on a wide variety of security missions.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't work for the people that pay their salary? I must be confused

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you are, because you read what you wanted to read, and skipped what you didn't.

Blackwater runs like a temp staffing service. They don't technically work "For Blackwater" they're working for various Blackwater clients.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:34 AM

So they're paied directly by the client? The money doesn't go client -&gt; blackwater -&gt; contractor?

Either way, the argument you're making seems semantical and rediculous.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Blackwater runs like a temp staffing service. They don't technically work "For Blackwater" they're working for various Blackwater clients.

[/ QUOTE ]

How interesting as a mentality. When it suits our purposes we will follow the letter of the law rather than the spirit of it!

Of course this ability is restricted in many jurisdictions. In Australia, a temp company is under the same obligation as an employer when it comes to taxation and retirement mandatory payments made by the company rather than the employee.

I am amazed, that since a stated aim of Blackwater is to provide goons, guns for hire, mercenaries etc., all unlawful combatants under the Geneva convention definition, that as a company they have not be declared a terrorist organization. Something that they indubitably are!

The place of their executives and employees/sub contractors is in Guantanamo Bay, or similar places, imo.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They are mercenaries for hire and there are enough conflicts in the world to keep them busy if our country is somehow at peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this hilarious. I'm going to make a statement, let you bitch, then I'm going to explain why I'm right.

Blackwater employees have never killed anyone, in any conflict, anywhere in the world, while employed by Blackwater.

[/ QUOTE ]

care to elaborate or are you a lawyer and going to give a very narrow definition of "confict", "employed" or "employees." I can site recent news events, but those should be known to everyone here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not narrow at all. Blackwater is a temp service of sorts. Different groups (government agencies, construction contractors, truck lines etc) put in requests for specific security needs, and Blackwater fills them.

If anyone is responsible for the slaughter, it's those damned construction contractors and truck lines, being so greedy as to attempt to do business. Can you believe the audacity of those [censored]? And of course don't forget those selfish diplomats, who don't want to die but have government business to conduct in Iraq. Can you believe the pure arrogance and ignorance of those [censored]??? I can't. /sarcasm.

People should really find out who they're attacking and what it is exactly they do before they attack them, but then, that would require taking the time to research, which very few people do.

[/ QUOTE ] it's those damned construction contractors and truck lines, being so greedy as to attempt to do business. Can you believe the audacity of those [censored]?

seems to me that the part u don't understand, or maybe it's some kind of level, is that is the whole reason we're there.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am amazed, that since a stated aim of Blackwater is to provide goons, guns for hire, mercenaries etc., all unlawful combatants under the Geneva convention definition, that as a company they have not be declared a terrorist organization. Something that they indubitably are!

[/ QUOTE ]

I must ask, just for the pure fun of it. Would it matter to you at all if you were told once more that Blackwater is not a "Combatant" in the war at all, they're simply running a security company?

Combatant in itself would imply attempting to win the war. When I see Blackwater on the front line, side by side with US soldiers, taking a city, then I'll agree that they're "unlawful combatants". If the real unlawful combatants would stop bombing innocent businessmen and their product, and stop attacking weak little heads of state rather than US Marines, Blackwater would fold up and go home, having no more work to do in Iraq. They've never, and will not, join the fight, unless attacked.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:53 AM

so then why can't there be al-qaeda security patrol running at all times in the middle east?
Old 11-04-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so then why can't there be al-qaeda security patrol running at all times in the middle east?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said there wasn't/couldn't be? I didn't.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I must ask, just for the pure fun of it. Would it matter to you at all if you were told once more that Blackwater is not a "Combatant" in the war at all, they're simply running a security company?

[/ QUOTE ]

They seem to kill a lot of totally uninvolved civilian Iraqis for non-combatants, or are they just plain incompetent?

In my opinion they are just another terrorist organization albeit under the protection of the US.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:56 AM

well if they're not enemy combatants then we cant waterboard them to find out what we needz to knowz right?
Old 11-04-2007, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They are mercenaries for hire and there are enough conflicts in the world to keep them busy if our country is somehow at peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this hilarious. I'm going to make a statement, let you bitch, then I'm going to explain why I'm right.

Blackwater employees have never killed anyone, in any conflict, anywhere in the world, while employed by Blackwater.

[/ QUOTE ] Blackwater employees have never killed anyone, in any conflict, anywhere in the world, while employed by Blackwater.

and this is clearly false, right?