Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They kill people for money. Let's not dress up the obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the middle of an experiment, which, if fails, I will concede this argument to you.

I have sent an e-mail from a made up address to BlackWater USA, requesting a "Disposal Project" of a bully I disliked as a child.

If they respond with a price, I'll allow that they "kill people for money". If they tell me to DIAGF, I'll post the e-mail confirming that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be stupid, them turning down your offer doesn't mean they never do it.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They kill people for money. Let's not dress up the obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the middle of an experiment, which, if fails, I will concede this argument to you.

I have sent an e-mail from a made up address to BlackWater USA, requesting a "Disposal Project" of a bully I disliked as a child.

If they respond with a price, I'll allow that they "kill people for money". If they tell me to DIAGF, I'll post the e-mail confirming that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be stupid, them turning down your offer doesn't mean they never do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That argument is asinine. I'm not going to bother to look, but I'm sure somewhere, someone can find a link to an article about a priest committing murder for hire. I'm sure someone else can find a story about a police officer doing the same.

It is exactly the point. I don't care what some rogue did once, I care what is standard practice for the agency.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:26 PM

I'm pretty sure that Blackwater employees are under the control of the department of state or whatever other department once they get to Iraq. Some arguing against DblB don't seem to have access to facts and are just speculating.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that Blackwater employees are under the control of the department of state or whatever other department once they get to Iraq. Some arguing against DblB don't seem to have access to facts and are just speculating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another point is this.

Average pay of Navy SEAL member with 10 years experience: $57,000 (including housing and salary)

Average pay for Blackwater contractor : $215k annually.

Do you see why the incentive is there on both the contractor and the agency not to [censored] up?
Old 11-03-2007, 11:55 PM

If they dont [censored] up, then why do you need immunity from prosecution?
Old 11-03-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DblJ,

Dont waste your time trying to have a reasonable discussion with Midge. He simply either isnt capable of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

VR, would you consider saying Blackwater employees never kill anyone to be reasonable discussion?
Old 11-04-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they dont [censored] up, then why do you need immunity from prosecution?

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't have immunity from US prosecution. They have immunity from Iraqi prosecution. I'll let you figure out the difference, and why immunity from Iraqi prosecution would be needed for a US citizen protecting US interests in a foreign war zone.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DblJ,

Dont waste your time trying to have a reasonable discussion with Midge. He simply either isnt capable of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

VR, would you consider saying Blackwater employees never kill anyone to be reasonable discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly is when you define "Employee" as someone who works for you. If you're interested in what Blackwater <u>employees</u> do, they work here in America, training law enforcement, military, and private citizens in various firearms and unarmed self defense techniques, and they work as mechanics, etc.

The security agents work as independent contractors, they write invoices and have checks deposited into checking accounts. They do not work for Blackwater. They are screened, background checked, pass their firearms qualification courses, then are checked as "Cleared" by Blackwater, at which point they head over to work for various clients of Blackwater on a wide variety of security missions.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:51 AM

re: prosecution

Erik Prince has stated that he feels that Blackwater contractors are under US jurisdiction. NO one can receive due process in an Iraqi court right now. Take a look at the glorified lynching which was the Saddam trial. If Blackwater contractors aren't subject to US law that is a problem that the government has created and must fix, but I doubt it is the case.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DblJ,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly is when you define "Employee" as someone who works for you. If you're interested in what Blackwater <u>employees</u> do, they work here in America, training law enforcement, military, and private citizens in various firearms and unarmed self defense techniques, and they work as mechanics, etc.

The security agents work as independent contractors, they write invoices and have checks deposited into checking accounts. They do not work for Blackwater. They are screened, background checked, pass their firearms qualification courses, then are checked as "Cleared" by Blackwater, at which point they head over to work for various clients of Blackwater on a wide variety of security missions.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't work for the people that pay their salary? I must be confused