Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Taking a break from Poker - LONG & Low Content

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you were a guy, you would have been flamed to death for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's akin to me saying if I was a women, I could easily play in the WNBA. That's b.s because if I was a women I wouldn't have the same physical/emotional makeup I do now.

If she were a guy, there is very little chance this would of happened. I cannot imagine a guy breaking down and crying after losing a tournament and being berated by another player. I do think it's very understandable for a woman though.

Women don't just cry once every 6-18 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

thing is, everybody wouldīve made fun of her thinking she could beat the big buy-in omaha tournaments after winning more or less random micro buy-in donkaments if she wasnīt female. every guy wouldīve been flamed to death for just about everything she wrote ever since the 1st donkament. not being mean or anything, but thatīs just 2plus2, right?

i wish her all the best though.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:14 PM

If you're quitting poker, make sure you also quit 2+2. I've quit poker for a week or two before (in order to apply for jobs), and just ended up spending the whole time browsing poker websites instead.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It surprises me that I wasn't flamed actually. I regretted posting it the next day, expecting to get flamed to death, but I am not afraid to express my emotions even though I know some of you think they are silly and would love to make fun of them.

Like Runner said... I am not like you... I probably cry like 2 times a week at least... I cry when I hear a beautiful song or watch a sad movie, so what. You guys I am sure cry once maybe twice a year. I know that and I get it but I am not going to become a man. I don't think I have to become a man to be a good poker player. Just because I cry doesn't mean I am weak. I am just not afraid to express my emotions.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:44 PM

I came out to my parents pretty recently and I learned the hard way that things away from poker can totally destroy your game at the tables. I took the majority of my money out of the poker sites had a 2 week break and I feel like I am enjoying it more and playing better
Old 11-20-2007, 07:55 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] this is what I am hoping for.. when I come back I will be relaxed and ready for the game... feeling refreshed.

LOL I still haven't told my dad about poker yet... man... that is still for another time!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:04 PM

They still don't that I play poker. My dad will probably never know as he said he doesn't want to see me again
Old 11-21-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It surprises me that I wasn't flamed actually. I regretted posting it the next day, expecting to get flamed to death, but I am not afraid to express my emotions even though I know some of you think they are silly and would love to make fun of them.

Like Runner said... I am not like you... I probably cry like 2 times a week at least... I cry when I hear a beautiful song or watch a sad movie, so what. You guys I am sure cry once maybe twice a year. I know that and I get it but I am not going to become a man. I don't think I have to become a man to be a good poker player. Just because I cry doesn't mean I am weak. I am just not afraid to express my emotions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this post, we need more girls to make this forum something sweeter...

about that, thanks Buzz for the way you moderate Omaha High [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

about that, thanks Buzz for the way you moderate Omaha High [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

True. If it weren't for Buzz I would never have stayed at 2+2. A lot of these forums are not female friendly. Clearly guys feel free to be even meaner than they would if they were actually speaking to you face to face. They get pretty ruthless and vulgar.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True. If it weren't for Buzz I would never have stayed at 2+2. A lot of these forums are not female friendly. Clearly guys feel free to be even meaner than they would if they were actually speaking to you face to face. They get pretty ruthless and vulgar.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are cetainly right about that. Whatever other shots Matusow, Hellmuth, et. al. have had to take, I doubt they were ever the subject of a is-this-player-too-ugly forum.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:57 AM

Janelle,

Your life is a mess right now, and so are your emotions. I understand and even agree with much of what has been said about the absolutely necessity of controlling your emotions if you're going to be a successful poker player.

However, I'm not dealing with someone who has cancer, a significant other who is at least someone jealous of poker, and all the other things that you're going through.

So being even more emotional than you usually are is completely understandable, and by all means, do what you need to do to get the rest of your life under control before you get back to serious poker playing.

Other than that, I have two other comments:

1. After you get your personal life somewhat under control, don't forget the IRS. You've won and lost a lot of money in a short time, doing something that you've never done before, and this could make the IRS intensely interested in what you're up to. Get your records together, and get some good tax advice. Don't add the IRS to everything that is coming down on you.

2. Soon I'm going to post a thank you in the beginners forum, adressed to all of those who have helped me along the way. You are at the top of the 2+2 list, you will be mentioned prominently in my post, and I'll be rooting for you when you come back.

Hang in there, and do what you need to do before you come back to the tables.

Clif