Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Dexter 11/11

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get people that can't remember super basic details of shows they've watched. It wasn't in the car ride, it was in the hotel room when Dexter was broken down on her lap crying.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obv, this is why I said "people." 1 kill doesnt matter, but if she has killed multiple people through arson then its a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you get the feeling she has killed before? If she has, it certainly is not just one, possibly way more. imo

I have a feeling and this is obviously a <u>guess</u>, that Lyla (Lila) is going to end up in a couple of trash bags wrapped in duck tape?

Also, If Lundy or Doakes ever catch Dexter, I think there is 0% chance they let him get away with his crimes. Personally, I think they are making Doakes out to be similar in a way to Dexter to move the plot along and make us think they will eventually end up on the same page.

However in no way are they really that similar in character. Dexter is cold, calculating, methodical and really sneaky, anyone think that about Doakes? Crap Doakes is pretty much an open book. The one place they are eerily similar, is in their shady pasts.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is literally 0 chance that Lundy would let Dexter go. Lundy has said on several occasions that many serial killers think that they are doing the "greater good," but that no matter what they are still killing people.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also said there is only one valid reason to kill -- to save innocent lives. That is what Dexter does, so if Lundy would let anyone go, it would be Dexter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also one more aspect to be looked at is if Deb and Lundy start dating, even though neither of them approve of what Dexter is doing, I could see her begging him to atleast let Dexter run.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:06 PM

I agree that

1) Dexter will frame Doakes OR Dexter will say Doakes is framing him.
2) Lila will die at Dexter's hands in the season finale when Dexter realizes she has done something bad to one of the other women in his life, probably Rita.
3) Lundy will catch up to Dexter and let him get away (he said "the only reason to kill is to save lives").
Old 11-14-2007, 02:17 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Lundy some how knew Dexter's father Harry and gives him an out as a result. Pretty sure it's a foregone conclusion Lundy will figure out Dexter at some point soon.

I like this season thus far, but I don't see anyway they can match the intensity of the Ice Truck Killer storyline. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be surprised if Lundy some how knew Dexter's father Harry and gives him an out as a result. Pretty sure it's a foregone conclusion Lundy will figure out Dexter at some point soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What reason is there at all to think Lundy knew Harry? Also why is it a foregone conclusion he will actually catch Dexter? I think a good portion of this season has been devoted to creating misrepresentations of the characters and their intentions.
For example the ice queen/children's book thing to make it look like boyfriend was using Deb. Or more obviously the way Lundy brings Dexter into the middle of the investigation, with a quite a bit of dialogue in place to lead the audience to believe he is onto Dexter when really he just has a distaste for Masuka.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:47 PM

I really hope none of the predictions given so far don't happen because most would be too easy. If this season actually lives up to last there is going to be some twist that none of us see coming.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also for once I was not completely annoyed/repulsed with his sister on screen. Weird, I like where that story arc is headed for some strange reason. Prior to this I absolutely could not stand the sister.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% and was realizing this during the episode.