Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Street by street vs TerrorOfSweden, EPT Barcelona (Hand w/ masters?)

Since we never do those anymore, this is as close as a decent hand I could think of to do one, and I wanted to post a hand before EPT Baden starts on Sunday.

25/50 blinds to start the tournament, 10k starting stack, Day 1b of EPT Barcelona main event, 8k euro buy in.

For most of level 1, I was in the restroom feeling deathly ill, and evacuating my bowels like there was an air raid siren in my intestinal tract. I missed probably half the hands, and whenever I was at the table I looked like hell, and was sweating and looking very uncomfortable. I think I had 1 too many paellas.

So by 50/100 the table probably thinks I'm either some donkey satellite winner who is terrified and is panicing, or think I am crazy.

Finally after about 30 minutes into 50/100 my stomach feels fine and I am playing some poker. 2 to my left is a mega euro LAGtard, TerrorOfSweden. He is reraising or raising almost every single hand, NEVER folding to reraises once he has entered the pot, and his vpip is prob over 90%. He is completely fearless, and prob doesn't care if he loses in the first hour.

I have about 12k (ToS covers), and probably a relatively tight image thus far.

I open A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] utg to 300, ToS makes it 850, folds back to me.

Fold, Call, RR?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Street by street vs TerrorOfSweden, EPT Barcelona (Hand w/ masters

99% of the forum will say call so I will say it for them.

Call please. 4-betting is bad. You're out of position. Call down on lots of boards. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Euro LAGtards. I can't wait for Monaco.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Street by street vs TerrorOfSweden, EPT Barcelona (Hand w/ masters?)

Call. I'm not a fan of building a big pot OOP with A/J. However, you are likely ahead.

Another thought - if ToS doesn't know that great and almighty Ansky, how can you BEST use your unusual table image in this hand? Lots of calls followed by a river push? Just tryin' to anticipate where this is going . . .
Old 10-03-2007, 02:42 PM

call but 4betting isnt that bad at all
Old 10-03-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Street by street vs TerrorOfSweden, EPT Barcelona (Hand w/ masters?)

[ QUOTE ]
Call. I'm not a fan of building a big pot OOP with A/J. However, you are likely ahead.

Another thought - if ToS doesn't know that great and almighty Ansky, how can you BEST use your unusual table image in this hand? Lots of calls followed by a river push? Just tryin' to anticipate where this is going . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to play devils advocate, if I had to guess waht I was going to do post flop I'd say... It depends on what flops!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:44 PM

How does he play postflop?
Has he shown the ability to fold postflop after 3betting? How often is he 3betting vs. cold calling?

I'm assuming he's kind of bad, so call.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call but 4betting isnt that bad at all

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does he play postflop?
Has he shown the ability to fold postflop after 3betting? How often is he 3betting vs. cold calling?

I'm assuming he's kind of bad, so call.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's like crazy aggro and insane, but I wouldn't nec peg him as a station at all. I think he generally will have the ability to fold marginal hands post flop.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:47 PM

I'd probably call
but.....why not 4-bet, it'll slow him down a ton and makes are decision easier and our hand more playable post flop. especially for a person with Ansky's skill level post flop
Old 10-03-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to play devils advocate, if I had to guess waht I was going to do post flop I'd say... It depends on what flops!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I wasn't tryin too hard to be a smartAss, but IMHO your unusual image is a tool to be considered in this hand . . .