Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Writing Competition: Discussion Thread

Thank you, Taso, I was thinking along similiar lines. and yes it is a very good story. Well told and really gets you thinking. I hope more people read and comment on these.

[ QUOTE ]
I understand the image of the woman, and the character of the priest...but why was the priest subservient to the cat-creature? Is this an affirmation of God or of paganism? I was just a bit confused by the symbolism of the cat-creature, because the other two symbols were so clearly that of Judeo-Christian tradition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zutroy please tell us what the cat creature symbolizes in your story. It is bugging the heck out of me that I don't know the meaning of this story.

At first I thought that Jerold, a doubter, turns to the church for salvation. Upon forgetting his hat he makes the horrible discovery that the priest is actually a servant of the cat who I had determined was the devil [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] and I figured the angel was dead, having been destroyed by Satan. This interpretation sent shivers down my spine.

On second reading, I am now wondering if the cat is simply a servant of an angry god who has managed to scare Jerold into the church. Can anyone else shed some light?