Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com

Old 11-11-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Stoxpoker In The Rear View Mirror For The Week Ending Nov 11th

This is reposted from the Stoxpoker Blog Entries:

I hope it is obvious to all of you by now just how much fun we are having as owner-coaches of Stoxpoker because the joy of being a part of building something special is in turn pushing us individually and as a team to continue to raise the bar on what we deliver to you.

Each Sunday evening we are going to start doing two things: (i) specifically acknowledging specific members of the Stoxpoker community for recent standout contributions and (ii) give you a brief recap of what we just left in our wake over the last few days.

Let me start by saying hats off to members aim786, DuderinoAB and Calling_St. These 3 stood out because of the outstanding member videos that they recently submitted. If you haven't checked them out you really should. Great work guys!

I also want to recognize alberlie. There are too many standout members of the Stoxpoker community to list them all here but I am going to highlight at least one each week. alberlie is a perfect example of why we are having so much fun with this. He ask great questions, his replies to others posts are outstanding, and Stoxpoker has been right there with him as his game has gone from 0.05/0.10 FR to 5/10 HU over the last year. You should take a look at This Post to fully appreciate the kind of community that alberlie and the members of Stoxpoker are building. Nothing I could say in a blog post could demonstrate it any better.

Stay tuned next week for, among other releases, 3 great No-Limit videos but in our rear view mirror for last week is another 7 videos in 7 days:

Mon - Stox released Limit Hold'em Classroom Video 174 and emphasized opening hand requirements when not in steal position. He also showed you some specific hand filtering techniques in Poker Tracker to help you analyze this.

Tue - Matt released MTT Video 175 and focused on strategy variations of Winner Take All tournaments.

Wed - Guest Pro Hunter released his first video (NL Hold'em 6-Max Video 176) and it was very well received by the members. We hope to see more of you Hunter. Nice job!

Thu - Collin released SNG Video 177 where he built off of Matt's theme in MTT's and focused on strategy variations in a Winner Take All SNG.

Fri- Bryce released Limit Holdem Video 178 where he 2-tables $2/$4 6-Max. As always, Bryce gave you wall-to-wall insights into his lines of play.

Sat - A short bonus video for the week was released from SNG Coach Scotty_12 (Video 179) as he let you play along with him in a $230 Party Poker SNG.

Sun- A 2nd bonus video for the week from DrRazz as he took us through his final table play at the Full Tilt $2K guaranteed weekly Razz event. Even if you don't play the game, DrRazz's passion for Razz is infectious in his videos!

In closing, I would like to ask our forum participants to make an effort and introduce yourself to at least one new member each week that posts in the New Member Forum. It is a small thing to do but it really gets new members started off on a positive foot in the forums to know they are welcome and encouraged to post.

Good luck at the tables guys!

The Stoxpoker Team