Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

[ QUOTE ]
These guys don't deserve to live.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if we kill them all there will be no idiots to crush at these games. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if we kill them all there will be no idiots to crush at these games. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have problems beating guys who don't raise the river with four of a kind. They tilt me.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:32 PM

I really hate these situations. I can never figure out the correct play. The first hand:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1500)
Hero (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1500 and is all-in</font>

WTF?

What kind of range should I put him on? SAGE doesn't help because it's only good up to 8BBs. How am I supposed to continue this hand? Would this hand fall into your calling range?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have problems beating guys who don't raise the river with four of a kind. They tilt me.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they let you play with insane aggression factors!

And Dave, part of me is actually thinking that you are serious.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:53 PM

The problem I have against this guys is that I can't put them on a hand. So I don't know whether to fire three barrell when they call me or if they have a hand. You saw that guy hra played. He minreraised T2o (I guess because it is Doyle's hand) and then he called river with the nuts. How will you put him on a hand? He is obviusly not a fish who will stack off with bottom pair (you don't need hand reading abilities against them) and he wouldn't even raise the nuts on the river. Just no strategy you can use against him. In HUSNG, you might get away by playing smallball, but in cash, they are so hard to beat they tilt me.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hate these situations. I can never figure out the correct play. The first hand:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1500)
Hero (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

WTF?

What kind of range should I put him on? SAGE doesn't help because it's only good up to 8BBs. How am I supposed to continue this hand? Would this hand fall into your calling range?

[/ QUOTE ]
You can exploit a bigger edge later imo.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Button (t1500)
Hero (t1500)

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]
You can exploit a bigger edge later imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a clear fold. You only have one pair. Don't go broke with one pair. Look at his range. I mean even if he has a hand like 72o which is the best you can hope for, you are only 9 to 1 favorite. I don't like to risk my whole stack on that odds.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:28 PM

I think you guys are missing the main point.

I don't know how many times it's been said, but if HES THIS BAD YOU CAN WAIT FOR A BETTER SPOT. You only have 20 chips committed and you might be flipping here...
Old 11-09-2007, 05:34 PM

You have to know that we are not some stupid gamblers who would put all our money in while being at worst 4 to 1 favorite.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:56 PM

Thanks a lot guys. I wasn't sure if my thinking was right about this hand or not. I like to play small-ball and out-play my opponent post-flop. Really hate pressing marginal hands like this without knowing if a good flop is going to hit or not.