Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Another borg 10/20 hand.

Borg 10/20.

No hands shown down by Villian yet been at the table for about 1/2 an hour. I get dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the btn.

PF:
One ep limp, rest fold to Villian in the Co who raises I 3-bet. Limper folds, Villian 4-bets, I call.

Flop:
9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

Villian bets, I raise, Villian calls.

Turn:
6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villian checks, I check.

River:

3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian checks, I bet.

Comments on this hand? How did I play it?
Old 07-21-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Another borg 10/20 hand.

On the river he looks to be making a defensive check, so I'd check behind unless you are trying to extract value from K-high. Pairs and better A-highs should be calling.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:39 PM

I'm not sure a better ace will often call here, but maybe so. Not sure I would have 3-bet preflop here, but as played I think betting the turn is better than checking behind, and would make a river bluff more believable.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:46 PM

PF - I'd just call raise to build pot, since only EP and CO in so far.
F - I like it as played
T - I'd bet to rep a filled str8, and see if villain plays back
R - Assuming he called turn, I'd check behind, (edit)cause if he calls I think you're beat
Old 07-21-2007, 09:07 PM

I think I'd just cold-call PF (or even fold if the blinds are tight), unless we had a better read on villain (without the EP limper in there, this is an easy 3-bet, since villain would be much more likely to be making a steal raise).

Flop - I'm kinda mixed here. The problem is that we are going to get 3-bet a lot if villain has an overpair.

Turn - after villain just calls the flop (meaning he likely has overcards), I'd fire again on the turn. Maybe he'll put us on an 8 and fold, or maybe we can represent something like TT and get him to lay down AK on the river - the pot is pretty decent sized for a heads-up hand. If I bet the turn, I'd probably bet any river.

Since you checked the turn, however, I'd probably just give up and check the river through.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:34 PM

coldcall=gay

muck it. fine as played.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:17 AM

I would have checked behind. The way you played is classic free card flop raise. Villian will probably check raise. Is their any hand that you can put the villian on that he will call?
Old 07-22-2007, 02:12 AM

I'll ignore PF since I don't play live much.

Flop seems close between raise and call. I think he is more likely to have an overpair, but alot of villains will be scared to 3 bet with the weaker ones like TT/JJ. Still I would just call and preserve my implied odds.

Online they never fold AK, but I'm guessing people can fold AK on this turn? If so I would fire a bet. Awful river bet, if you're putting a bet in do so on the turn.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:57 PM

Unless you know the CO will iso raise, I fold this preflop. If you know him to iso raise and a 3 bet will likely get the flop HU, then I 3 bet. I imagine this to rarely be the case at Borg 10/20.

Flop raise is good, but bet the turn. Checking the turn and betting the river is bad. You will never fold a hand you beat here, ever. You have alot of outs on turn, bet and hope he gives up on AK. Given this is 10/20 he probably has JJ or QQ, and is calling down.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:03 PM

I dont like the check on the turn if you intend on betting the river because if you fire the whole hand you can force the villain to fold a stronger A hi, but if you check the turn for a free card, it's possible that you will now induce a few more hands to call the river that would have folded. After you check the turn, you should usually just check the river.