Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Dealing with a loss (stillbirth)

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Thank you for this story in general. In particular this will stay with me, "Our friends have come to visit. Two of my friends came out for a week each when they found out. They didn't want us to be alone. People always say they'll be there for you, and that means a lot. It also means a lot when they are. I never thought I'd have to ask for help, and they never made me ask. They just split up the time between themselves, told their bosses and families they'd be gone for a while and came."

It is the best expression of friendship I have read. When I think of what friendship requires, this will be etched in my mind. So, thank you.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:26 AM

poin,

I really don't know what to say. That story is one of the saddest things i've ever had the misfortune of reading. I really really hope you get through this and I truely wish you all the best in the future
Old 10-18-2006, 10:39 AM

poin, I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything. Just know that you've been on my mind.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:52 AM

I'm so sorry. May the Lord be with you.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:52 AM

This truly horrible and incredibly unfortunate tragedy will only serve to make the beautiful family you will go on to build with your wife that much more special. Don't lose hope.

As much as I am able, I am feeling for you. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2006, 10:56 AM

Deeply sad story. Probably the worse thing anyone might have to deal with.
My deepest sympathies.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:23 AM

You're in our prayers brother. Take care of your wife, she'll never need you more.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:26 AM

poin,

My deepest sympathies to you and your wife. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and with Allan.

Thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts down and share them with us. This obviously took effort and courage to write. I appreciate your thinking of us and posting your story, at a time when you obviously have so much else to do and think about.

John
Old 10-18-2006, 11:29 AM

My deepest condolences for your loss. Your story is heart-breaking, and your eloquence in the face of your grief is incredible. Thank you very much for sharing it.

It sounds like you have a wonderful support system, both in your friends and relatives and mutually with your wife. Don't be afraid to lean on them longer than you might feel you "should". Grief has its own timetable. They'll understand.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:50 AM

poin,

Though i can't relate to being on the parent side of a tragedy like this, i have been on the brother side. I lost a baby brother in the same way and it crushed me so i can not even fathom what you're going though. I would never wish upon anyone what i saw in my parents eye's. I sometimes wish we we're in a perfect world so good people wouldn't have to go through such tragedy as this. I don't know you personally and have no contact with you other than just a message board in cyber space, but you're story breaks my heart none the less. Just remember that you do have an entire community here full of hundreds of people who truly care and have put you and you're wife into their thoughts and prayers. All good things to you and yours in the future my friend.

-Brandon