Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 07:33 PM

Default 1/3 2+2 Game hand

I suck at Omaha, I admit this freely, but I could use some advice on this hand:

8 player mixed 2+2 game. Current game is PLOmaha hi. 2 limpers to my button and I limp with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The game is playing passive preflop I don't expect a raise out of the blinds. SB complete BB check.

Flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Pot ($15). I am about $240 deep. Checks to me, before MP checks he looks at me and says "just us left"? There are 3 players between us that folded preflop. I bet pot. Folds back to MP who looks at me and checkraises pot. What should I have done?

I thought for awhile and called the $45. Turn is a K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] MP leads pot ($135). Now what? He has like $30 left behind.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:46 PM

Default Re: 1/3 2+2 Game hand

Is MP playing crazy or normal? What's the worst hand he would do this with?

I think I'd probly fold to the flop c/r. He's going to fire the turn and he doesn't have much behind. At best you're drawing to the flush and str8 if he has a bare set, but I think you're rarely going to be drawing live to both. More likely he has JT with nfd or QQ with str8/str8draw/fd.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is MP playing crazy or normal? What's the worst hand he would do this with?

I think I'd probly fold to the flop c/r. He's going to fire the turn and he doesn't have much behind. At best you're drawing to the flush and str8 if he has a bare set, but I think you're rarely going to be drawing live to both. More likely he has JT with nfd or QQ with str8/str8draw/fd.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP was one of the tighter players at the table but none of us are Omaha players.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
More likely he has JT with nfd or QQ with str8/str8draw/fd.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP was one of the tighter players at the table but none of us are Omaha players.

[/ QUOTE ]

A holdem player would know how to slowplay a straight, and wouldn't understand the perilousness of playing a straight that way in PLO. (Of course JT with flush draw is also possible.)
Old 06-19-2006, 10:57 PM

Check the flop and see the free card, then when he bets out, call the turn card.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A holdem player would know how to slowplay a straight, and wouldn't understand the perilousness of playing a straight that way in PLO. (Of course JT with flush draw is also possible.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Horrible advice, there is nothing "perilous" about checking a nut straight to the guy on the button. You're obviously not aware of how many players on the button bet any draw in omaha if it's checked to them.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Horrible advice, there is nothing "perilous" about checking a nut straight to the guy on the button. You're obviously not aware of how many players on the button bet any draw in omaha if it's checked to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. We are talking about NL players playing PLO.

2. I'm not offering any advice here, just commenting on perceived mindset.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:44 AM

No, we are talking about poker players playing poker. Every poker player knows the button likes to bet no matter what they have.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:45 AM

Troll, it's not often I agree with Ribbo but your advice in general is [censored]. You need to log some more hands and play a little higher before you start questioning more experienced players.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Troll, it's not often I agree with Ribbo but your advice in general is [censored]. You need to log some more hands and play a little higher before you start questioning more experienced players.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]