Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2007, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

The part of this whole thing that really makes me scratch my head is how Marco got this scrambled excel file/master HH list to begin with. I'm basing this off the assumption that this was NOT the standard file sent out when you request the tourney HH's, but that the mistake has coincidentally been made before.

The general consensus is that someone was fed-up and decided to blow the whole thing open. It's perfectly realistic I suppose but it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Possible idea based purely on speculation/imagination:

The higher-ups at absolute knew exactly what happened in the infamous tourney but didn't want the min-wage support people to know anything about it. They took care of the tourney HH request themselves, or let another trusted person take care of it that wasn't used to doing it. They genuinely made a mistake and sent the wrong one-- it was in a scrambled excel file right? This is the only way that it's plausible in my mind that it could possibly be a mistake.

I know, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm just trying to throw an idea out there.