Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do You believe the video?
No, Of Course not. 13 81.25%
Yes, I am clinically retarded. 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL Seminole trip report

Does GA have recruiters at these games? I wonder how many people will end up homeless because of these games.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: ONE MONTH OF NL POKER IN FLORIDA

[ QUOTE ]
Because people like to GAAAMMMMMMMMMMBUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLL!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if already stated, but it's actually very much in the house's interest to limit buy-ins and keep the fish from ruining themselves quite as fast.

I know this thinking is very gauche at 2+2 (Slogan: "It's the house's responsibility to make my edge as big as possible, dammit") but it's probably good for the poker economy that these people aren't donking off $500 stacks left and right. It means you have to actually understand short-stack poker and play excruciatingly tight, but you'll still get the money. If you get it slow enough, then you'll probably get more of it in the long run.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: ONE MONTH OF NL POKER IN FLORIDA

5 sessions 24 hours

even
+35
+190
+600

up $575 @ $24/hr

This short stack game with all the donk callers playing it the same as they did the old $2 limit game is way different than I’m used to playing. It took me a few sessions to get it down but I now see it as a very profitable game after I almost gave up on it. You have to play it so painfully tight its almost boring, but when you do catch a hand you can generally take down a big pot, barring a suck out.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:40 PM

you know there are some books to learn how to play. also playing free on the internet can help alittle. plus this web site. and if these idiots dont take advantage of all this then to hell with them. when they go homeless there will be plenty more players to step into their shoes.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:23 AM

Less than 100 spots remaining for the 500@500 at Derby Lane on September 30th.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:11 PM

That tourney is not very good at all. According to the formula in the book the tourney formula. a solid tourney gets a # of 10 or more after calculations. The derby tourney gets a 7 and for $500 that sucks. by comparison the deepstack events at venetian got 14.5 on the $330 and 20 on the $550. One of the worst donkaments in vegas was at paris the $65 and that gets a 4.5 . the number refers to patients factor. the higher the # the more patients you can have in a tourney. the 6pm tourney at Tampa dogs gets a 6.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:29 PM

damn. guess this tournament is just for medical professionals then. looks like i'm out.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:57 PM

All the mental patients from One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest play in that tourney.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:35 PM

First off, I don't consider myself a great player and have only been playing for about a year. Yes, I'm a winning player (both cash and tourney) and I usually go deep in tourneys.

Just moved to TPA from SoCal and had a chance to play 3 midday tourneys at Derby Lane and a short session of 1/2 NL at Tampa Downs. My impressions so far, whole lotta a donks!!

2/3 Final Tables, + $90
1 hour cash + $320.

Total hourly rate $68.

I just buckled down and played extremely TAG with position and did very, very well. Didn't get fancy or pull any big moves.

The cash game was crazy with almost 1/2 the hands dealt seeing a $15 - $30 PFR and multiple callers with several pots getting upto $400+ at showdown. My biggest surprise was all the level 1 thinking and the total lack of people paying attention to other's table images. I played 2 hands in 4 orbits and still got tons of action from 4 players when I 3 bet an UTG raise from a fairly tight player who was the CL.

I only lost 1 big pot when I had 2 players in front of me all in when I flopped an open ended str8 FD with overcards. Sadly, I didn't hit any of my million outs to take that $500 pot too. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't think I've ever seen this kind of action from a midday reg crowd in SoCal.

I was not expecting to be very happy with the laws/structures in FL but the Donks giving up $400 pots make up for it.