Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 08:50 AM

Default I probably made mistakes on every street.

( handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Final Pot:

Preflop, I have no idea. I don't really fold in my SB if other people are in the pot and when I see a miniraise I just think "donkey" so I called. How horrible is this?

I considered potting the flop but I'm a holdem donkey and figured raiser would C-bet.

How's my turn raise?
Old 06-21-2006, 08:57 AM

Default Re: I probably made mistakes on every street.

Bah, that German website is down it seems.

Basically, on the turn someone pots it and I make an almost-pot raise. I didn't want to commit a lot if I was behind on the turn.

Dealt to tom10167 [ 7d 7h Qh 6c ]
lorraine39 raises [$0.50].
pino68 calls [$0.50].
Marsman555 calls [$0.50].
W_MBertram folds.
CarbonGBG folds.
enna65 folds.
stavo79 folds.
w1ddlewabb1t calls [$0.40].
tom10167 calls [$0.25].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Tc, 5h, 4h ]
w1ddlewabb1t checks.
tom10167 checks.
lorraine39 checks.
pino68 checks.
Marsman555 checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ Th ]
w1ddlewabb1t bets [$2.40].
tom10167 raises [$8.05].
lorraine39 folds.
pino68 folds.
Marsman555 folds.
w1ddlewabb1t folds.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:52 PM

I would fold this preflop, especially if you are just learning the game. You have terrible position and pretty crappy cards.

On the flop you shouldnt exactly be crazy about putting in alot of chips. Basically you have the OESD, and you're not that happy if you make the flush, because there are several people in the hand and there is a good chance someone has a better flushdraw. What you really want on the turn is the nut straight with a flush redraw or a straight flush. Change that qh for the Ah and I play it much more agressively.

I would usually fold this turn to his bet, but aparently the raise worked out for you. Usually I would expect this bet to mean at least a T, or a higher flush than you. I would definitely not be looking for a showdown with your hand. If you get called in this spot, I would check behind on the river, (with the exception of a & or a SF card comming) I would also fold to a reraise or a river bet.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:56 PM

tom,

That guy bet into a field after a checked flop and you had others to act behind you. Now the fact that others are yet to act makes your raise stronger when he isn't full. And it could be a good play to rep a full and get the nut flush to fold. But he could just as well have an underfull or a T and you won't know it if he just calls. So if he does just call and either checks or bets into you on the river, then you have to be through with and not fire another barrel since lots of players with an underfull would just go into c/c mode.

So my point is really you are making a bluff except against only a board set of Ts that hasn't filled yet, and not raising with a hand likley to be best in most spots. I personally would almost always fold in that spot with others yet to act, but if you want to make a play that is fine as long as you are generally never putting another dime into the pot, including a lot of times you get called and spike a 7 on the river and are bet into.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:05 PM

I am exponentially worse at this game than I thought. I would have folded to a reraise on the turn or a pot sized bet on the river, though.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]