Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: What\'s your play? 10/20 bizarre

Yeah, this is a pretty classic 3bet preflop spot on the flop. I think that you absolutely have to call but I'm okay with a lot of variance. As previous posters said, the standard play would be to check-call your expected continuation bet on this flop. Given the fact that he got stacked recently, I actually would not be surprised to se him flip up something in the range of 5678, etc, where he flopped a pair (2 outs to trips vs AAxx) and has running str8 draw cards. This is actually a push that I admittedly make too when I'm tilting and know that I am gonna call a pot bet on the flop anyways and just convince myself that there is fold equity in the push. I don't think its +EV to fold this flop with AAxx given the pre-flop action. Realistically, you are committing yourself to the hand 3betting here, and with a 'dream flop' like that, I think that you have to go the distance.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:39 PM

I fold, he's being tricky with a ten most of the time. There are no viable semibluffs here and he can't be expecting a fold. hard though. I think he's getting it in PF with the other 2 Aces 100% of the time.

okay maybe i'd call but i'd still expect to be shown a T.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:40 PM

With AA, the perfect flop is anytime the board is paired.

Much better than a horrible QT7 flop.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:50 PM

i know i would bet out with a ten.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I wouldn't.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont blame you either but i know a good player might just check behind too because naked aces can easily afford a check there as well.

i like to lock up profits right then and there if i can. pot is already fairly juicy and i dont want some lame runner runner scenario to pop up where an open push bet on the flop would have at least charged a guy to suck out on me or.......take it right then and there.

yeah, i know i'm being pretty results oriented but on the other hand, i dont think an open push is a bad play either.

it forces naked aces to a very tough decision who will more than likely call anyway.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold, he's being tricky with a ten most of the time. There are no viable semibluffs here and he can't be expecting a fold. hard though. I think he's getting it in PF with the other 2 Aces 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything except the 100% part. I agree that he gets it in with most AAxx hands. But sometimes, with some bad AAxx type hands, people take this exact same line. They want to see a safe flop with weak AAxx hands that have little chance of improving (picking up flush and straight outs).
Old 10-04-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything except the 100% part. I agree that he gets it in with most AAxx hands. But sometimes, with some bad AAxx type hands, people take this exact same line. They want to see a safe flop with weak AAxx hands that have little chance of improving (picking up flush and straight outs).

[/ QUOTE ]

true that. ive seen those plays too. good reminder scoot.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:58 PM

ugh, now that i think about it......and i dont want to make op sick.........but maybe he got outplayed by even a worse hand? hmmmmmmm? maybe? naw. lol, i dont know now.

hmmmmm, maybe i think i call these situations in the future and let variance be my friend.

seriously, i'm lost now.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont blame you either but i know a good player might just check behind too because naked aces can easily afford a check there as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good player would NEVER check behind with aces. He prices in anyone who picks up a flush draw on the turn, plus anyone with a smaller pocket pair is allowed to catch for free.
Giving a free card with AA is giving up pure equity.