Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 02:00 PM

Default International Bank Account and Investing

In about a week I'm moving to europe and as a canadian citizen don't want to deal with the grey area for gambling income. As a none citizen I would not be liable for taxes, which means I need to cut off a lot of my "ties" to Canada, including bank accounts. Currently I don't have plans to settle in any single location for an extended amount of time, but do have Czech passport (so maybe a bank account would be possible there if I wanted a local one?).

I've done a bit of googling and it seems like international accounts like HSBC or Barclay's could be good choices. I'm going to need something I can use for my day to day banking (debit/visa card or w/e) and would like to set up a couple of investments. Preferably something with higher risk and something with little to no risk and I can funnel funds into either as I see fit. I won't be needing access to this money for some time.

I have a couple questions:

Do these accounts sound like the best bet for me?

Say I do get an HSBC account and I can probably get this done locally, is it reasonable to go in there and say I would like somewhere where I can put money for higher risk investing and somewhere where I can put money in for lower risk investing and just go with their recommendations?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: International Bank Account and Investing

bump