Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Where are Full Tilt Poker based?

Why don't you just go to Chris Ferguson's house in Pacific Palisades, California. He's a nice guy. I'm sure he'll give you your money back. Just tell him you're a hard-working, honest, independent bot creator and can't compete with the corporate bot armies crawling the site.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:43 PM

ban op (saying this even though i dont have credibility)
Old 08-28-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway the they I talk about is the people making the decisions behind Full Tilt and this time the all powerful Google does not hold all the answers. I have lost a lot of money and it wasn't down to me playing badly quite the opposite and I have never used a bot. If you were in the same situation you wouldn't find it so funny. So if anyone has anything other than smart a*se/a*s/alec/whatever answers I'd be grateful.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, if you want real answers, try posting this in a forum that doesn't have the word "gossip" in the title.

Second of all, what do you want to know about FTP that isn't in google. In < 30 seconds I found the jurisdiction in which FTP is located, and the complaints mechanism for the gaming commission in that jurisdiction. You can find that info in my original response to this thread. That should be what you need to resolve any legit excuse you have with FTP.

If this is not what you are looking for, please be more specific in your questions. If you are looking for the home addresses of the company directors to pay them a personal visit, then you are correct, google probably cant be of mch help.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd been playing fairly heads up on Full Tilt and they took my money without reason now they won't answer my emails. Anyone know where they are based? I heard they may have offices in Ireland now?

[/ QUOTE ]

stfu, ban, thanks, bye.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:25 PM

Couple points:

I don't think complaining to those Kahnawake dudes is going to accomplish anything. They even advertise on their site that no one ever complains.

The underlying reason why online gaming sites operate under protection of Indian Tribes is that the Indians are hands-off. You pay your annual fee and they leave you alone. And getting the courts to go after the Indians is pretty damn difficult. You'd have to show a pattern of conspiracy to defraud or similar (any legal eagles wish to chime in?).

Is OP's complaint that he played well and lost more than he feels is to be expected? Could that be due to variance?

Or is his complaint that he was cheated by human and/or bot players ?

Either way, his only realistic recourses are FTP customer service, and/or attacking FTP with a website or similar and hoping they pay-up to kill the bad publicity.

All of this actually sits on a serious issue (not saying OP has a real issue) that is the primary motivation behind the UIGEA. If one of these online gaming sites did start cheating people, or allowing some of its customers to cheat others, what recourse do the victims have? What recourse does the law allow the US courts and/or government?

As it stands, if OP really was cheated, well, then, forget it. The US legal system isn't going to help him as he is aiding and abetting fund transfer entities that are in violation of US Federal Law.

Interesting aside: the American Indians keep on getting raped over and over again throughout history. FTP pays them some token fee and makes 10s (100s?) of millions in profits. The more I think about it, Chris Ferguson's dad is right.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:38 PM

Nope, they are not here.

However, Hipermas (a Costa Rican division of WalMart) is selling shift keys for only 500 colones. Do you want to buy a couple ?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have lost a lot of money and it wasn't down to me playing badly quite the opposite and I have never used a bot. If you were in the same situation you wouldn't find it so funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still dodging the question everyone is asking. Was your account closed/funds seized by Full Tilt for some reason or did you just lose your money playing (the fact that you're not giving a reason and the whole "I'm not playing badly" line suggests this) and are convinced that FTP ripped you off because you're so good that it's just inconceivable that you'd lose?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:55 PM

They have an office in vancouver.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They have an office in Vancouver.

[/ QUOTE ]

It are evident that these thread have a common patterns,
Old 08-28-2007, 05:19 PM

1. E-mail Full Tilt
2. Wait 3 months
3. Receive e-mail from Full Tilt
4. Lose funds for cheating Full Tilt
5. ??
6. Profit