Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 07:32 AM

Default I\'m done

The frustrations of mid limit holdem have gotten the best of me. I considered the software forum my home, hence my eulogy appears here. Noone will care and fewer will know anything of my meager contributions to the community and I, like most have received more than I gave. I take some solace in the fact that my PT/postgres optimizations have helped many of you, whether you know it or not.

For the Instarange thread, when I last looked it was discussing hand strength rankings. A much more important concept is factoring in limping with big hands. Do the right SQL query on your PT DB (it will be much easier with the new generation - or with HM) and you see that when the button opens the pot, with a call or raise - AND shows down Aces, around 25% of the time he/she has called with Aces. This causes a huge problem with the current method of calculating ranges. It can be overcome but requires detailed statistical analysis of wtsd, playerssawflop and position. Only then can an accurate range be estimated.

The next gen software is going to make massive changes over the next 6 months. With the right hardware and queries, some amazing stuff should start to appear in the huds and/or addons. I had planned on writing some of that software, but now, I just couldn't be bothered.
HUDS should/must evolve to display dynamic stats - take VPIP for example. Do you REALLY care that randomplayer has a 29% vpip - no, you want to know about the current situation - say, hero is in the big blind and randomplayer is on the button - the hud should/must evolve to display that he raises 70% of the time in that spot. The hud should adapt to the current situation for example, randomplayer raises 75% against "bigblindfolder", but only 65% against someone with hero's stats.
There's plenty more that can and will be done with huds, at some point, an instarange type addon will show player ranges and equity calcs in the huds. They'll start popping up info that when villain checkraised you on turn - it has been showndown as 2pr 20%, set 40% etc etc. They'll pre-empt the action, so you see that number before you make a bet on the turn.
Anyway, I've rambled for much longer than I planned - this was just meant to be a goodbye. So-
Goodbye and good luck at the tables. You'll need it.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: I\'m done

You couldn't even stay away for more than one hour?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:49 PM

Hey matt42s,

Sorry to see yer leaving but I just wanted to say I really appreciated the work put into the PSQL "defrag". By now it must've saved me at least a day's worth of waiting for PT data to load.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:11 PM

Hi Matt,

This is sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thank you very much for all you have contributed to both this and the pokertracker forum.

[ QUOTE ]

The frustrations of mid limit holdem have gotten the best of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I hear limit is not what it used to be [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Did you ever try Limit -> NL
Old 10-05-2007, 07:32 PM

I'm surprised this thread didnt get more responses. Do most people agree with OP about the direction online poker is heading with new software being released?

To think that they'll be in game equity calculations and hand strength breakdowns based on player actions worries me.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:55 PM

The end is near...

GG Online Poker
Old 10-05-2007, 08:26 PM

I walked into that..
Old 10-05-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I walked into that..

[/ QUOTE ]