5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $22.30
CO: $3.90
Button: $17.20
SB: $10.45
Hero: $26.10

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.35</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5.2</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($15.95, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero?
Old 10-13-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Big 3-handed pot in micro limits

You didn't get to act after UTG?
Old 10-13-2007, 09:45 AM

I would like to know what should've been correct play preflop and in this particular moment after flop.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:38 PM

The problem with your 4 bet preflop is that you are certainly marked with aces. Unfortunately you've missed the flop, you're OOP and SB and Button both know half your hand... tricky.

Not sure what I'd do, any reads? Is the SB capable of check raising? Can the button bluff raise? or are they both unimaginative and predictable?
Old 10-13-2007, 02:52 PM

I would call in BB with this hand preflop. You are in horrible situation with 25% of stack in. With Aces you dont want more than 10% or less that 35% of your stack in preflop unless they are strong aces and you get a wide variety of hands in with that range.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call in BB with this hand preflop. You are in horrible situation with 25% of stack in. With Aces you dont want more than 10% or less that 35% of your stack in preflop unless they are strong aces and you get a wide variety of hands in with that range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you 4-bet preflop ask yourself, what do you want to accomplish with your raise? You should have known you would be in an awkward situation postflop with AAXX.

While it is true that the OP is in an awkward situation, it is not THAT bad to 4-bet preflop in this situation. The pot is $15, the SB has only ~$5 left and you have about one pot sized bet left.

As played, I am inclined to bet pot on the flop to make the draws pay. You may be behind, but you still probably have a lot of equity. If UTG is a decent player, he may not call with a flush draw since he won't have the nut draw.

Just calling the 3-bet preflop is also fine. If you just call the 3-bet, maybe UTG will 4 bet and you can come over the top. You can also check raise an A or a wheel on the flop.

Chucky, would you 4-bet with AAXX on the button with similar stacks?
Old 10-13-2007, 06:56 PM

Its ok from button. With unsuited Aces you probably do not want make the pot large even with position. If you did raise this hand on the button and the flop we saw came out, I would probably check behind on flop and do a bare ace bluff on turn if I thought it would ever fold a weak flush.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its ok from button. With unsuited Aces you probably do not want make the pot large even with position. If you did raise this hand on the button and the flop we saw came out, I would probably check behind on flop and do a bare ace bluff on turn if I thought it would ever fold a weak flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of situation is one of the most difficult situations in PLO IMO. I'm trying to figure out how to play such hands optimally (so I'm not criticizing here).

Aren't you worried about a QJXX hand or flush draw getting a free card? It seems to me that if you can get enough money in the pot preflop with AAXX that you will have about one pot sized bet on the flop, then reraise it up. The only time I wouldn't pot bet that flop in this situation is if the flop is JT9, 3-flush, or something similar.

I would guess that an AAXX hand has enough equity to pot it on the flop in this situation. A low flush draw, gutshot or one pair may fold because of your aggression but would have improved if you checked.

Once again, I'm potting the flop here because I have about a pot sized bet left on the flop.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:46 PM

Its ok, but in a raised pot weak flush draws wont assume you have nut flush draw so I would expect lots of wraps with fds to call your flop bet. If it was checked through on the turn, it would signal that no one has a hand. I hate 4-betting weak aces.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:48 AM

It's good, now go all in.