Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: this rule...
OMG YES GILD PLZ HELP 10 47.62%
wtf no ppl should be allowed to make horrible threads!!! 11 52.38%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Poll: Who is worse Yang or Gold?

I voted Gold. Not because Yang plays better. Betting Yang wont give the money back.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:03 PM

To be honest i havent seen a lot of Yang because WSOP hasnt aired to television where i live yet and ive only just found it on the net, so i voted for Jaime IM THE BIGGEST [censored] ON THE PLANET Gold, simply because he sux as a person and he had such a huge lead in last years WSOP it was difficult for anyone to catch him and beat him. He is a horrible person to watch, an incredible f*ckhead and i was hoping he would have a heart attack at the final table last year rather than him losing his chips and being knocked out.. Watching him on HIGH STAKES POKER makes me cringe and you can tell he gets under the skin of Doyle and the rest of the pros..
Old 10-11-2007, 08:04 PM

eat [censored] and die jaime
Old 10-11-2007, 08:52 PM

What has Yang done since the ME?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I voted for Kodos!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-12-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why all the hate for Yang?
What is the difference beyween "just one time" and "god give me a 4".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think asking God to give you a card to win a poker hand is significantly worse! I would be amazed if there weren't a lot of Christians that are appalled at the idea of a person claiming to be a Christian asking for God to help him win at poker. I think there should be something in the constitution about the separation of church and poker!

Hell, I am an atheist and I am appalled that any Christian would ask God to give him better cards than his opponent, out loud, on TV!

If I were God I would give his opponents one-outers on the river to punish him for being a greedy sod and asking my divine self for something so selfish. I would give him KK and a flop of KK7 against an opponent with AA, then I would give running aces to bust his ass!
Old 10-12-2007, 01:27 AM

Yang really is worse. Some of his plays at the FT was absolutely terrible and screaming "YEEEESSSS!!!!" and running around when he sucked out just didn't do it for me.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why all the hate for Yang?
What is the difference beyween "just one time" and "god give me a 4".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think asking God to give you a card to win a poker hand is significantly worse!
Hell, I am an atheist and I am appalled that any Christian would ask God to give him better cards than his opponent, out loud, on TV!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm sure no one ever prays for a miracle card to come out... right? The only difference is that Yang actually said the word 'God' in his prayers instead of yelling out, 'Come on, one time' or 'Let me get lucky just this once.' It is the same thing.

I am agnostic (practically atheist) and I think it is odd someone would be openly praying to God at crucial moments of a tournament, but I'm certainly not appalled.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:17 AM

[Quote]Hell, I am an atheist and I am appalled that any Christian would ask God to give him better cards than his opponent, out loud, on TV![Quote]
Well then would you be "appalled" if he asked Santa?, the Easter Bunny?, Little Green Men? Whats the difference?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well then would you be "appalled" if he asked Santa?, the Easter Bunny?, Little Green Men? Whats the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it is just the tackiness of openly praying to your god for the cards to fall in a way that makes your opponent lose. Pretty much every hand I am in I hope my opponent loses, but I wouldn't openly say "I hope you lose this hand" to my opponent.

I suppose I find in even worse when Christians tell me what they are about - goodwill to all men, charity, do unto others, etc. Then you hear a Christian openly and publicly praying to their god for someone to lose to them so they can become richer - maybe I'm the only one that finds that rather hypocritical.

I also have this thought in my head when Yang is praying to God to give him the cards he wants - "as a Christian, is that really what you think your God is about?"