Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 10:28 PM

Default TT 2/4

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players

SB is very very bad loos passif coldcall 73s calldown bottom paire 3

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG caps, Hero calls, SB calls.

FLOP: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (13SB, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, SB calls, UTG calls.
is it correct??

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8BB, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero folds, SB calls.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: TT 2/4

Any reads on the other player? He's the one that matters. The SB is just padding the pot for you guys. I'm not sure what flop checks mean at FT. At Stars they seem to mean a flopped set about 90% of the time so I generally check behind. His capping range should have you crushed here so you should only bet/raise if you think you can get him to fold JJ/QQ/KK here. His line is really fishy and I'm almost tempted to raise him here on the turn to try and fold out those pp, but I'd probably just fold as well.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 AM

well, that's a pretty [censored] flop given preflop action. I wouldnt have a problem with just giving up immediately. So, check behind and hope to catch ur 1 outer. When he checks the flop I think it will be KK-JJ with a spade a lot of the time.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what flop checks mean at FT. At Stars they seem to mean a flopped set about 90% of the time so I generally check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol What is the deal with that anyway? I play on a wide range of different sites and it seems to be the same everywhere, betting is the new slow playing!!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:05 AM

flop I probably bet it too, just for the slim chance that he might fold although a check is probably more sensible. The turn is a definate fold IMO I might take a shot at with the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in my hand heads up but with no spade in my hand and the small blind probably calling with his [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] anyway I realy dont think its worth it here
Old 11-05-2007, 02:56 AM

I cant believe you should stick a single dollar in this pot.