Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $47.75
SB: $31.10
Hero (BB): $58.80
UTG: $26.45
MP: $143.95
CO: $117.65

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">MP raises to $2.50</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $2.50, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $4.50, BTN folds

Flop: ($17.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9</font>, MP calls $9

Turn: ($35.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $20</font>, Hero ?

The villian in this hand was 20/13/1.2 through 30 something hands. He was 100% (4/4) on calling cbets though so I am not sure how to play the turn. Do you lead out on this turn then fold to raise? If he calls turn bet, how do you play river? As played what would you do on the turn?
Old 11-22-2007, 02:56 AM

Default Re: PS 50NL KK bad turn against floater

what is with flop 1/2 pot? that cant be right. I don't know. i f u had full pot flop, I wouldn't be so concerned about this ace but as played i think he could have like a2 or 45 or something. usually folding turn here it think.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:57 AM

That turn makes me vomit a little. It's a great card to bluff with, but that ace hits a huge part of his floating range. I think this is one of the spots where it's okay to be bluffed and just check/fold.

In the absence of an ace, though, I like a turn CRAI; it's so much fun to do that to habitual floaters.

Edit: I think that flop bet sizing is fine as it's a 3-bet pot and you don't need to build a pot to get stacks in by the river. The flop's bone-dry and you don't want to discourage him from floating when the only card you don't like is an ace.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:58 AM

I hate hate hate stat reads on something like 30 hands. They're useless.

Given that you're completely readless, I'd probably bet the turn and be committed to calling a shove. A c/f on the turn is just too weak against an unknown.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:59 AM

bet more on the flop
Old 11-22-2007, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That turn makes me vomit a little. It's a great card to bluff with, but that ace hits a huge part of his floating range.

[/ QUOTE ]
The "bluff" part I agree with, but what are you talking about wrt "float?" He's floating with A4? A couple clubs?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:02 AM

ur bettin/raising sizes are too small. Raise pf to like 10ish and bet like 2/3ish on flop. As played id probably bet like $12ish. I think if you bet larger on the flop you can def rule out AK/AQ hands and those are probably the only Ax hands in villian's range that improve on the turn. I think if you bet the turn ur def makin worse hands fold but i think ur still ahead most of the time. So Id either c/c or c/r
Old 11-22-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That turn makes me vomit a little. It's a great card to bluff with, but that ace hits a huge part of his floating range. I think this is one of the spots where it's okay to be bluffed and just check/fold.

In the absence of an ace, though, I like a turn CRAI; it's so much fun to do that to habitual floaters.

Edit: I think that flop bet sizing is fine as it's a 3-bet pot and you don't need to build a pot to get stacks in by the river. The flop's bone-dry and you don't want to discourage him from floating when the only card you don't like is an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

what no way... i don't play that kind of poker sorry, I don't give easy outs to str8 draws 2 pair draws whatever. the idea that somehow it's safe to string him along with 1/2 pot with an overpair is ridiculous imo.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:07 AM

wow please don't rely on the HUD that much...4/4 is so small it does not justify stacking off light. He could have just been hit by the deck or whatnot. Maybe they were donkey min bets he was calling you dont know.

Even if he is floating a lot there is a big difference between calling a 6BB cbet with over cards and maybe a draw, and floating a 18BB cbet in a 3bet pot when you know your most likely up vs a big hand.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The "bluff" part I agree with, but what are you talking about wrt "float?" He's floating with A4? A couple clubs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah. Isn't that the definition of float?

Anyways, I disagree with everyone saying that 30-hand reads are worthless. They should definitely be taken with a grain of salt, but knowing that your opponent hasn't folded on the flop in over 5 orbits is definitely relevant information.

Potting flop is terrible. Unless it's your standard play (and if it is, dear God that's miserable) it looks sorely out of place. The board is very, very dry: There ARE no straight/two pair/etc. possibilities that you need to protect against, and the only card that hurts you (the ace) is painfully obvious; slightly larger than half pot is fine for getting stacks in by the river. Preflop could be bigger, though.