Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

I started out on easy and medium and got used to having my hand on G-R-Y-B. When I moved to Hard, I'd move my hand down to hit orange notes. And that works OK on the easier Hard songs where there aren't that many orange notes.

I've started playing Sweet Child O' Mine a lot on Hard and in the start there are single notes all over the place. I've found that it's a lot easier for me if I try to keep my hand on R-Y-B-O and move it up for green notes.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:16 PM

Definitely start using your pinky as soon as possible; but there are some songs (Sweet Child Of Mine, etc) where my default starting position is Index-R Middle-Y Ring-Blue Pinky-Orange and I slide up to hit the green.

Still if you're not using your pinky you won't be able to hit the orange at all once you move up to Hard and Expert.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:36 PM

Some questions

1). How do you get TTFAF outside of online play?

2).I got the 360 version and the faceplate wont attach when the neck gets put in? Wtf?

3).Whyd they choose to make the SP phases so much longer in this game? they're like twice as long number of notes wise as #2

4).One thing that's really bothering me is how in certain solos they'll just kind of sneak in strum notes after a long line of white-tops. It seriously puts me on tilt, how they feel the need to randomly toss in these strum notes
Old 10-30-2007, 07:54 PM

heh. Out of boredom of getting trashed by lou on hard I played through medium yesterday and today. I somehow FC'd 5 songs (best was even flow), got 5* on everything other than KOC and raining blood, and yet tom and slash beat me like 5x. And TTFAF is pure gayness even on medium, I really enjoyed the challenge of 5*'ing jordan on hard in GH2, no shot at that in this game.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:16 PM

you get ttfaf once you beat the game on medium hard or expert iirc. I know for sure you get it when you beat expert
Old 10-30-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you get ttfaf once you beat the game on medium hard or expert iirc. I know for sure you get it when you beat expert

[/ QUOTE ]

K thanks,

One more thing...I really like the song and I do like the band but the note chart for Before I Forget is a serious abomination. I'm definitely gonna pull a Freya on it, i.e. beat it once then never play it again ( or like 1 once every 2 months)
Old 10-30-2007, 08:24 PM

I'm currently trying to beat Lou on Expert with little success. If he gets double notes at any point I'm done.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:42 PM

theres a trick to beating lou

1) if his first powerup is double notes or switch, restart
2) if you miss your first powerup or its NOT hammer-on, restart
3) if these two happen, throw it on right when you are done the solo right after the powerup and he insta-fails
Old 10-30-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

K thanks,

One more thing...I really like the song and I do like the band but the note chart for Before I Forget is a serious abomination. I'm definitely gonna pull a Freya on it, i.e. beat it once then never play it again ( or like 1 once every 2 months)

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late to edit for me to say: the entire 7th tier in this game is [censored] awful (note chart speaking)
Old 10-30-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hehe. congrats. i'm just 3-starring my way through medium right now. somehow i just 5-starred even flow so i'm happy.

i'm trying to play online for wii but it doesn't seem like there are many players. hard to get a game going?

anyone have wii? post your friend code in the other thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Wii, but I have no idea about my friend code. I'll take a look for mine later and get back to you. I wouldn't mind playing with someone I know online. So far the only online I've done is playing against random people with the stranger matches.

Brag: I'm undefeated after like 15 matches.

Beat: It's not fun when it's not challenging.

Variance: Um...