Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Gah- Nl30 DEEP

Villain is decent regular, 20/15/2.8.
I call preflop, maybe reraise is better, 50/50. Flop top pair on coordinated board. He bets into me i call. Turn(completes draws) he checks, i bet my top pair to protect, he checkraises. Now he has done this to me before and i folded tp. He probably thinks i will call a certain amount of times on the flop with nothing to see what he does on the turn and so is capable of checkraising turn because he thinks a lot of the time i won't have a hand to call this show of strength. I call because i wan't to see what he does on river. Hit 3rd queen on river and he shoves? Board pairing doesn't seem to scare him and yet he wasn't scared of the straight getting there on the turn. I suppose pocket 9's or 10's make some sense but surely he'd bet the turn their. His line seems strange to me, is he ever bluffing with a hand like AhKh or random stuff. I realise my hand is very weak and only really acts as a bluff catcher but what do people do here. Like i say, imo he will bluff here against me because i should raise on that flop with a strong hand and so he can polarize my hand range more towards draws, nothing or mediocre hands so it could be a good time to bluff. Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.15/$0.30 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $29.70
UTG: $79.45
Hero (MP): $61.35
CO: $82.15
BTN: $123.15
SB: $60.15

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.05</font>, Hero calls $1.05, 4 folds

Flop: ($2.55) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($6.55) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $18</font>, Hero calls $13.50

River: ($42.55) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $42.55</font>, Hero folds

Results: $42.55 Pot ($2.10 Rake)
UTG mucked and WON $40.45 (+$19.40 NET)
Old 11-18-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Gah- Nl30 DEEP

why call the turn if your going to fold that river?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Gah- Nl30 DEEP

tl:dr most of it...
but i think pf and the flop are fine. you could raise the flop but i dont see you gettin called by much that u beat from a decent reg (but the board is somewhat drawy so i dont hate it). Typically a cbet and check on turn from a TAGish villian=weakness so when u bet here id expect villian to fold most of the time so u could maybe even check behind here and bluff catch the river or try to get value from weaker Qx hands and mid PP by betin 2/3ish on the riv. But after villian c/r the turn i cant image u being ahead. If you call here ur pretty much bluff catchin. So i fold to the c/r on the turn. Now the river is tough and a call is probably once again bluff catching...a call depends on how often u think he is bluffin or how often he has like KQ here.