Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Frustrated Poker Players on ESPN

[ QUOTE ]
Moneymaker should never ever EVER be disrespected in any way on these forums or anywhere else. What he has done for poker is actually equivalent in terms of raw value to what Doyle did when he first wrote SuperSystem. Not 1 in 20 of the people worldwide who play poker today would be playing had he not won the ME in 2003. He gave many thousands of bright young men who really find it hard to conform to mainstream society a very healthy mode of living which continues and will probably persist for at least another decade. He really deserves a lot of credit for that. He also played very well in '03. He got lucky in some spots, true, but tournaments are such [censored] anyway that you HAVE to get lucky to win one. Everyone who has ever won a tournament probably put their chips in behind at least 3 times. Moneymaker made a lot of big plays that took a lot of guts in '03.
I think Hachem is a straight up pussy who would get carved up at a table deep-stacked with Players. The bit where he goes to beg his wife for the cards and can't look at the flop is a joke. He sits with Chip, Doyle, online HSNL player, etc., he's gonna get ATE.
Raymer going deep again in '06 was real impressive and he took that beat like a man. Props. I've only rarely detected even the faintest trace of douche in him, and it usually is of the variety which in his position is forgivable.
Whenever is see anybody berate anybody at a poker table, or see anybody start whining about something, I salivate knowing that I am about to make a lot of money. I look at most of these players on tv similarly to how my gaze might accidentally happen upon a fresh pile of dog-[censored] while walking.

Just some thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

your acting like moneymaker is an ambassador of the game, as though he went out of his way to promote...hes a joe average guy who happened to win it...if it were you or me, we would all be moneymakers, just change the face and name...he's not beyond any insult or condemnation more than anyone else