Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: NL200 - AK, 3bet pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this guy has a spade draw in a 3-bet pot like never compared to the times he has 77-99 or a ten.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, and that hand IS folding about 95 percent of the time after a pot bet on the turn, i would like betting the turn here with AQ much more than AK, i like the line, you may get someone to bluff the river or you could get 77-99 to pay you off now

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly
Old 04-19-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this guy has a spade draw in a 3-bet pot like never compared to the times he has 77-99 or a ten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously the spades comment was a little silly. If he has spades their either combo or overs and hes probably c/rai. Flat calling flop he has a weak 1pr type hand and doesnt want you to bluff him off when you have AK or has a set and wants you to commit yourself on turn.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:56 AM

Is 3betting a 25/5 UTG raiser standard for everyone here? I figure that we're always behind his range, and we will never take it down on the flop with a cbet once he calls (unless of course we hit an A or K and he has exactly JJ/QQ).
Old 04-19-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, and that hand IS folding about 95 percent of the time after a pot bet on the turn, i would like betting the turn here with AQ much more than AK, i like the line, you may get someone to bluff the river or you could get 77-99 to pay you off now

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. And JJ-QQ might also fold for turn bet, but if I check the turn those will call the river for sure.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he bets turn he has to play for stacks I like the check behind. I think you played this hand perfect on every street

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell wouldn't you want to play for stacks here? Could you please elucidate me.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if he bets turn he has to play for stacks I like the check behind. I think you played this hand perfect on every street

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell wouldn't you want to play for stacks here? Could you please elucidate me.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we get c/r on turn, we are probably behind a lot. regardless i would probably call and if he had a set, chalk it up to a cold deck.

there's no reason to play for stacks here though, because checking the turn maximizes our EV anyway, and if he leads river we are just calling.