Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: What is his range for check/raising this flop on this board?

Ok, well i put his preflop range at 22 - AA, AT+, QJ+, 9Ts+, TQ, KJ.

It's wide and it's weird but he's a very big stack and there are antes. I think he's going to raise quite often here preflop, even as an 18/4 over 12 hands.

With this being the case, what hands in his range check raise? Hmmm. I don't think his super strong hands like AA, KK, 99 or KA check raise all in. I think they are going to try to build a pot here either by leading out small or check raising small, especially out of position. I eliminate them.

Smaller pairs will probably bet out hoping you whiffed or just play it small/give up.

Anything in his range that is a combo pair + draw are really good candidates. AT+ with a club are good candidates. Also very likely is combo straight and flush draws like suited connectors like 9T+ with a club, TQ and JK with a club.

Everything I pokerstove with this flop range has you as a very minor favorite or dead even going forward.

Edit: I was late to party and didn't see Barry's post. Great analysis and basically right in everyway. Leading out just caused you trouble.