Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: A visual representation of FGators dollars (serious theory post)

I know this isnt the point, but Fgators should play limit. he'd probably do really well for a ton of reasons...
Old 10-13-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this isnt the point, but Fgators should play limit. he'd probably do really well for a ton of reasons...

[/ QUOTE ]

i think his thought processes work fine in donkaments and LHE, but in LHE he'll fold too much
Old 10-13-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think his thought processes work fine in donkaments and LHE, but in LHE he'll fold too much

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah you're right. i was thinking more along him putting insane hours in, not minding a small w/r, and showing down lots of hands. also, real abc lines works alot too. (robotic play)
Old 10-13-2007, 05:16 PM

great post clayton
Old 10-14-2007, 01:15 PM

Suprisingly awesome post. NH sir.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is that 140k at break even?!! Holly sheeet! So, in laymans terms what is the problem with FGators game? Are you saying he ran break even for so long because he only ever plays straight up and predictable poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF! Why did he even bother to keep playing. I'd have given up on poker long before 1.45m break even hands!

no its 1.45mill

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-14-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to spoil the fun but the original picture is a tad bit wrong... First off, the "perfect" T/LAG player's money made from coolers is obv going to be more than the money other people make from coolers, because they are going to be able to get their opponents in more situations where it becomes a "cooler" (example: the "perfect" player 3 bets / 4 bets some guy relentlessly for past 30 mins, and the guy wakes up with 99 and after 3 betting he gets 4 bet again, but this time "perfect" player has AA. "Perfect" player obv created this cooler for himself, while 99 would be a pretty ez laydown to most players).

And greg1osu's red bar should be in the negative. That guy couldn't be tighter...

Thats all

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't understand why he put T/LAG's cooler than same as everyone else's.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to spoil the fun but the original picture is a tad bit wrong... First off, the "perfect" T/LAG player's money made from coolers is obv going to be more than the money other people make from coolers, because they are going to be able to get their opponents in more situations where it becomes a "cooler" (example: the "perfect" player 3 bets / 4 bets some guy relentlessly for past 30 mins, and the guy wakes up with 99 and after 3 betting he gets 4 bet again, but this time "perfect" player has AA. "Perfect" player obv created this cooler for himself, while 99 would be a pretty ez laydown to most players).

And greg1osu's red bar should be in the negative. That guy couldn't be tighter...

Thats all

[/ QUOTE ]

A "cooler" isn't what he really means. It's just a situation where all the money was going to go in regardless of how either player decided to play the hand.

That is, if you have AA, and I have KK, our history is irrelevant, it's going in. If we both flop sets, same. If you flop a big draw and I have two pair, same. If you flop a set and I have AK on an A79 flop in a 3-bet pot, who the [censored] cares what the history is, all the money's going in.

"Coolers" are those hands where it just doesn't matter what the hell the history was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how this is totally correct. Case in point, the set VS your AK in a 3-bet pot on a A79 flop. If you're describing a "cooler" this way, saying that history is irrelevant, then there are going to be some players where all their money WILL NOT be going all-in with AK in this spot. Other things to consider, besides history, is whether you're HU or in a multi-way pot, whether the flop is very drawy (i.e A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and you have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]), your position in relation to likely bettor(s) and/or caller(s) and the betting itself. Let's look at a multi-way example:

$1/$2NL ($200 effective stacks)

EP limps, MP raises to $20, you 3-bet to $70 w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], EP coldcalls $68 after limping and MP calls the extra $50.

pot on flop is $213 (A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])
EP bets AI $130 and MP calls AI $130.

Now, if a cooler is based solely on history being irrelevant, doesn't include other factors, and you're going to get it AI anyway, I don't see how everybody's cooler can be the same because I can't see 100% of players with your hand calling here (I know I wouldn't). The key factor in this hand is not HISTORY, it's how the betting on the flop BEFORE you are to act, has transpired. Here's another spot, but HU:

$1/$2NL

EP raises to $8 then calls your 3-bet of $30 (you have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]).

pot is $63 (A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) EP, who covers you, checks. You then make a bet of $55 and he raises AI $300 (you have $170 left). If you're calling (and every other player) is calling this AI raise solely on history being irrelevant and no other factors are involved, I don't see how everybody's cooler can be the same. If I'm not getting this, bring me up to speed.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:13 AM

I wearz the green hat.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:56 AM

this is actually a really good post