Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 05:58 AM

Default Re: BEAT: laptop busto in a foreign land

[ QUOTE ]
gonna wake up early tomorrow and try to sort this laptop out, then im getting my goddamn massage. then maybe i'll have another wander (this is my favorite way to take in a new city, just pick an area, cab there, and start walking).

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't take a cab, take the subway! I was just there and the Seoul subway system is awesome. It really helped me to learn the lay of the land.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do they have foreign food places in china, like the us has chinese food? Like can you go to an Olive Garden or some Italian restaurant there?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah they have everything, its a huge city. apparently kfc is like ridiculously popular here. also have a ton of starbucks, seen a few bennigans, etc. but they have nicer foreign food places too, like nice italian places/french places/chinese places. actually went and ate at a chinese place this afternoon, called jackie's kitchen, with a big picture of jackie chan on all the menus. i really enjoyed it.

anyway i just got back from my massage. i was really disappointed, which doubly sucks because i didn't want to be disappointed. it was like an intense massage, a lot of pressure... and, i dunno, the whole thing just wasn't really relaxing. i felt like i'd had a workout after. and i was pretty sore because i worked out this morning and wanted to feel better, but now all the muscles that hurt before just hurt a little more.

also included a facial which is my first one of those. was kinda weird. and sucked too because i had like this mask on, so while she was going to [censored] town on my sore calves, i couldn't say [censored] to stop her.

anyway that all being said, im glad i did it, just so i know what it was like. gonna try to get a massage in each country i go to and have a definitive answer on which asian country gives the best massages.

i think im gonna go get hammered now and hit on asian chicks. should i shave before i go out? right now i have like that two-day stubbly thing going on, but im not sure if thats gross in korea because men dont really have beards here.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gonna wake up early tomorrow and try to sort this laptop out, then im getting my goddamn massage. then maybe i'll have another wander (this is my favorite way to take in a new city, just pick an area, cab there, and start walking).

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't take a cab, take the subway! I was just there and the Seoul subway system is awesome. It really helped me to learn the lay of the land.

[/ QUOTE ]

its kind of inefficient when you want to go to certain areas though... like you have to go several stops in the wrong direction to hook up with another line to get going the right way.

although i wish i'd have taken it this afternoon. it literally took me over an hour to get from haywah (sp) to my hotel in myeong-dong, a trip i've taken before that, in the past, took like 10-15 minutes. ughhhhh. seoul traffic sucks sometimes.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:21 AM

I am a Korean living and working inside the city. Actually my office is within walking distance from Westin. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, the best place to buy or repair a laptop here is an area called 'Yongsan'. It is like 15-20 minutes taxi drive away from your hotel, (depending on the traffic condition as you know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) and has everything related to computers.

I am pretty sure the technicians there are much more efficient than people in the Dell service center, but you probably have already missed your chance to try it in Korea with only one day left before leaving...

Hope you had a nice trip here.

p.s.) I would strongly recommend that people should stay away from any drugs while in Korea, but if you really really really really need it, try an area called 'Hongdae' (around a subway station of the same name) where there are a lot of hip hop dance clubs crowded by youngsters both from Korea and other countries.

edit : spelling check