Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 07:08 AM

Default How does this guy not lose all his chips to me?

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $33.40
UTG+1: $11.25
MP1: $17.70
MP2: $32.05
CO: $34.15
Button: $55.05
SB: $81
hero: $44.10

Pre-flop: (8 players) hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, hero calls.

Flop: ($3.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($3.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $2</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls.

River: ($7.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $6.9</font>, Button calls.

Results:
Final pot: $21.05

Final Pot: $21.05

Results in white below: [color=#FFFFFF]
Button has Js Jd 5h 2h (High: four of a kind, jacks).
Hero has Kc 9c 8d Ks (High: straight flush, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins $21.05. </font>

timr1938 said, "lol"
timr1938 said, "i cant even raise and i flopped quads"

I couldnt think of anything to say fast enough to entice him to raise. I was too stunned and couldnt believe that he wasnt going to raise me. It almost put me on tilt that he didnt raise me, these types of hands are too far and few between. If i would have checked it he would have bet the pot. I thought about and if I knew his hand was quads i think leading out with a big bet was the right play, am I wrong? If i check raise him he will fold probably.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:15 AM

Default Re: How does this guy not lose all his chips to me?

I dont understand why he cant raise, and I also dont understand why you posted this in the LO8 forum. Took me a full 30 seconds to figure out why you guys were playing such garbage hands.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand why he cant raise, and I also dont understand why you posted this in the LO8 forum. Took me a full 30 seconds to figure out why you guys were playing such garbage hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the BB, get 5:1 to call.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Psssst. Hey, the game you're playing is Omaha HI. The is the HI/LO forum.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:47 AM

He seems to think that in order to make your river bet you need to hold either QQ (3), QT (6), TT , AcKc, Kc9c or 9c8c. When he raises he expects you to call with 9 of the 10 holdings he has beat and to reraise with the straight flush or TT, and of course he cannot lay down his quads then.

That guy seems to be quite a thinking player who maybe lacks the heart of a gambler. His assumptions may have been too pessimistic though right in this case but one has to acknowledge his discipline.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:34 AM

Wow, what a hand. I cannot believe he didn't raise your turn bet to build the pot, I mean at best you are drawing to 4 outs if you have QhQc double suited to two of KhKc9h9c (ed: ok throw in the 8-9 combos but how likely would that be??). His just calling your bet on the river is astonishing, and I'm not sure if it's more impressive or pathetically weak, leaning to the latter, but hey you can't argue with his damage control when looking at the final pot.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Psssst. Hey, the game you're playing is Omaha HI. The is the HI/LO forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a PL hilo hand! Thats why he has the 25 holding with the JJ.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:33 PM

This is funny, like an hour later I play this hand and make it completely obvious and this fish doubles me. Restraint vs. no Restraint

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha HILO Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $42.60
UTG+1: $27.65
MP1: $18.25
hero: $24.90
CO: $4.40
Button: $30.05
SB: $8.75
BB: $2

Pre-flop: (8 players) hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $0.75</font>, CO folds, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: ($2.6) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $1</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: ($4.6) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($4.6) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $2.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $22.4</font>, Button calls.

Results:
Final pot: $49.4

(button) mucked [Jh Jc 2d 3d]
Old 05-18-2007, 07:10 PM

If you've played with this player before and you put him in the "poor player" category, then don't be too surprised when he lives up to it from time to time.=)

About the hand----I think he seemed to be the type that just "followed the leader'(that's what bad, non-thinking opponents do a good majority of the time). And, had you checkraised him on the river, I would almost guarantee that he would NOT be folding, unless, of course, that perhaps he wasn't even aware of what he held...?

I never underestimate what players are capable of, whether it be an incredible play or a downright headscratcher. I just take all the mental notes that I possibly can about each player and simply put it in its place and hopefully I can use it to my advantage later on---and having that understanding that each player is to be treated individually, also helps me to stay even keeled at the table.