Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Help with Analysis, does this mean i suck or have just hit a bad r

I have a bug, I can't load my database info. It has 2 databases listed (correct) but the one with nearly all my information has no limits or players listed. My alternative database has players from my main database on it that aren't actually in that database either....
Old 09-04-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My datatabase doesn't have the (postgresSQL) after it's name in the database table
When i load i get this:
"An error occored. the message was:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown"

But in the top left it say, 103.447 hands imported (wich i think should be correct)

Then when i press start it say:
Error: missing data.
This usually means a database has been loaded in pokerEV while PT is importing hands. Please try loading again.

Dont know where i do it wrong, i have vista and run in admin mode, Any ideas?

I tried to add fewer hands and then it worekd, is it problems with big dbs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think phil has said that this is because of database backend issues, which should be fixed in the next major release. Just a problem with loading > 50k hands, I think.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:14 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

Phil,
Love the program, it has really helped me take a long term view on bad beats thus really improving the quality of my play after a bad beat.

Anyway, I switched to a new computer and PokerEV won't open. Nearly everything is the same. Still WindowsXP, McAfee security. The only thing new is PC Tools Spyware Doctor, which I've turned off and still get the same error.

Everything else works (RealTime,Telescope,PT,PAhud) except Hold'em Manager which gives an identical error message. Roy said one other person has had same problem, but he had no solution. I was hoping you might have some ideas.

Here's the error message I get when I try to open up PokerEV

Old 09-04-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically can you tell anything about player being an overall winner or not in different times from those graphs, or do they just show luck in all-in situations?

[/ QUOTE ]
All it does right now is cut down the variance experienced from all-in situations, to give you a better idea of your true winrate. How much of poker luck is captured by that variance depends on the game you play and the style you play.

The thing was actually designed for short term analysis - to be loaded up after a session or week to see how much your results were affected by running good/bad. The % variance can be huge over the short term. The other point was to more easily spot how and where the money went in good or bad, to make session review a lot easier. People are trying to read too much into the program. All it does is cut out a portion of variance, and provide a useful automation of some of the analysis that many people do after a session. That's all.

[ QUOTE ]
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown"

But in the top left it say, 103.447 hands imported (wich i think should be correct)

[/ QUOTE ]
hongster is correct about the database issue and loading large numbers of hand. I think that's mentioned in the help tab. Fixed soon.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a bug, I can't load my database info. It has 2 databases listed (correct) but the one with nearly all my information has no limits or players listed. My alternative database has players from my main database on it that aren't actually in that database either....

[/ QUOTE ]
PostgreSQL or Access? For some reason it's not connecting to the database. I've got a better logging system in the next version so hopefully that'll pinpoint the problem, if not, I'll spend some time working through it.

[ QUOTE ]
Phil, could you possibly add a tab for common cooler spots and how often you'd expect to be in those spots vs how often you actually were in those spots (and $ lost vs expected loss)

[/ QUOTE ]
This is one of the things I'm coding right now.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I switched to a new computer and PokerEV won't open.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jackson - I think there's a few people with this issue. Given that HM also has the problem, it's either some kind of corruption in the .NET framework or a problem with the postgresql dlls. To narrow down the problem, could you download my Party Date Fixer and tell me if it loads? If it doesn't, it's a problem with .NET on your computer.

-----------------------------
BTW - SNG support has been mentioned a few times. I can add it quickly if it's wanted, but I don't have time to gather hand histories for the various sites and types, and no one has sent hands.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:32 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I switched to a new computer and PokerEV won't open.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jackson - I think there's a few people with this issue. Given that HM also has the problem, it's either some kind of corruption in the .NET framework or a problem with the postgresql dlls. To narrow down the problem, could you download my Party Date Fixer and tell me if it loads? If it doesn't, it's a problem with .NET on your computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Date Fixer opened up, no problem. Also, I've reloaded .NET 3 times.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:44 AM

OK, it's not a problem with .NET on your computer, so you don't have to worry about that. The issue is with the postgres connection files (HM and PokerEV use the same ones). I should be able to get a fix for this, give me a bit of time to look into it.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:01 AM

I'm not sure if it's possible or not but I couldn't find a suitable filter to find $ won/lost when there was no flop. Could be interesting to even see a preflop graph along the showdown/sklansky/total graphs (?)
Old 09-05-2007, 09:40 AM

When will this work with HM?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:46 AM

I agree it should be a HM plugin, as rvg says he has no plans to include sklansky dollars in HM.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:21 PM

i have only one pt database w/ around 23k hands. on the main screen i am only seeing 2 levels listed on the filters and these aren't the ones I need. also my player name is not listed. any ideas? i'm on vista.