Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Foxwoods Presidents Day (NC)

Hoping some of the slackers will also post trip reports...

My friend and I got down to foxwoods around 9:30 yesterday with hopes of entering the 10AM $120 NL tournament. Hopes were dashed as the seats filled up quickly and we then waited 1-2 hours for cash games. I played 4/8 limit which doesn't generate the kind of stories NL does.

1) Standard beat: I complete in the small blind with black 33 and there's like 7 to the flop which is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet and 6 people call. The turn is a second Ace which gets me pumped. I bet, 3 people call, and button raises. I consider 3jacking it but the allure of keeping in 4 jokers and possibly having a raising war on the river makes me smooth call and everyone else does too. The river's a 10 so now I check and fold. BB had AQo and button A6s.

2) The LOL: Laggy asian limps in middle position one other dude limps, SB complete, grizzled man raises in BB and all call. Flop 9-7-6. Grizzle check/calls after Asian bets. Same thing on turn and river so the final board reads
9-7-6-7-9. Asian turns over 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and Grizzle says "Oh he's got the six". Dealer says "Nines and sevens" but pushes the wrong cards forward. No matter. Whole table waits with bated breath and Grizzle struggles...looking to see if his hand is any good. Almost flips it but decides to muck. The entire table *groans* like I've never heard before. Asian laughs and a bunch of us laugh too. Grizzle laughs "Ace-king was looking pretty good for a while there." Yes and even 32o was looking half good.

3) Dealer error? I raise K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] under the gun and get 3 coldcallers. Flop is Q-3-2 with two diamonds. I bet and old Asian man calls. Turn and river 9 and 8, same action. I flip and say "Queens with a King". Old Asian man turns cards sideways so only dealer can see then places them face down. Dealer takes cards and flips 'em up and it's Q8s so I lose. "I saw that he had a winner so I had to turn them up". Thanks D-bag.