Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2006, 12:48 AM

Default Re: NL $100...big check re-reraise w/ tptk

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, knowing the result I'm glad I didn't pot bet this time. I would have had to fold at a later street, and saved money, but I would have had NO chance to win the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot was a wopping $5 on the flop. When you didn't raise preflop and let 4 opponents limp in, you shouldn't get this married to TPTK. What's the big deal if you c/f (and give up your chance of winning) a $5 pot with TPTK under these circumstances?

I would have lead the flop, but once you checked and the action went the way it did, simply fold and be glad you didn't bet. Yes, someone 'could' be semi bluffing, in which case you're a small favorite. OR you could be crushed. The point is that you have no idea.

The idea is not to win the most pots, it's to win the most money. Obviously you can't win a pot if you fold, but that does not mean that often times folding isn't the still the best option.

BTW, if you think that any player playing at this level, with that much money in the pot, is folding TP + a queen high flush draw, you better think again.