Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
has Belichick created an offense even he couldn't stop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you hear Madden say how pissed Brady was when recently the first team offense scrimmaged against the first team defense and went three and out and Brady demanded they do it again and they went three and out again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine a lot of people (not me) would interpret this as Brady = arrogant tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is an arrogant tool, but isn't that a job requirement for a QB? Last thing I would want is a QB who doubts himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Proof of him being an arrogant tool? Theres a difference between confidence/desire to be the best and arrogance. TO - arrogant tool, Brady - confident hard-working winner. I definitely don't agree that arrogance is required to be a good QB (although arrogance does sometimes go with the territory).
Old 11-20-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Close call.

49ers marched down the field in the final minutes of their game against the Rams before Dilfer threw an interception in the endzone. Final score: Rams 13, 49ers 9.

The relevent standings:

32. Miami 0-10
28-31. San Francisco 2-8
28-31. St. Louis 2-8
28-31. Oakland 2-8
28-31. New York Jets 2-8

Two teams are 3-7.

[/ QUOTE ]

since SOS is the tiebreaker for the draft, we currently have the #2 pick

web page

I think it's very likely we end up at worst with the #3 or #4, given that SF is the worst of those times and the tiebreaker isn't likely to change very much

say we get the #4 pick. its worth 2,000 points - thats equivalent to say the #10 and the #28. pretty nice.

it's hard to trade down/find a good partner, but it looks very nice
Old 11-20-2007, 12:42 PM

also, from Mike Reiss

If the Patriots beat the Eagles on Sunday night -- or the Bills lose at the Jaguars -- the team will clinch the AFC East division championship.

If the Patriots do clinch, they would tie the earliest division clinch since the NFL established the 16-game schedule in 1978.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:56 PM

Patriots getting stronger? Imagine Arkansas RB Darren McFadden in a Patriots uniform and what he would bring to perhaps the best offense in NFL history. It's possible. With the 49ers at 2-8 and playing the easiest schedule among 2-8 teams, the Patriots are sitting with the No. 2 pick in next year's draft. When multiple teams have the same record, the higher pick goes to team with the easiest schedule.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Patriots getting stronger? Imagine Arkansas RB Darren McFadden in a Patriots uniform and what he would bring to perhaps the best offense in NFL history. It's possible. With the 49ers at 2-8 and playing the easiest schedule among 2-8 teams, the Patriots are sitting with the No. 2 pick in next year's draft. When multiple teams have the same record, the higher pick goes to team with the easiest schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if they got that pick, would they even take McFadden? Maroney isn't the best back in the league but I don't see NE using another 1st round pick to replace him if he's healthy. Then again, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to drafts.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think they will take him? I can't imagine the fins taking a RB.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:08 PM

Top 5 draft pick contracts are way too high for the Patriots to consider. I see them trading down, possibly getting better value in the future than a 2008 pick.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:11 PM

I doubt the Pats want to tie themselves up with an overpriced rookie even if it is McFadden. I bet they will trade down. Their needs aren't exactly ones that go in the top of the first round. They need LBers, cause theres are getting old, they probally could use another CB, and I don't think the top of the draft has anyone like Champ or anything, the rest of their team is pretty much fine. It's not like they couldn't use a McFadden, they could, just he would cost a lot and he wouldn't be that much better then what they currently have seeing that they don't use their running game all that much.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Top 5 draft pick contracts are way too high for the Patriots to consider. I see them trading down, possibly getting better value in the future than a 2008 pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess he could trade down but the value wouldn't be there if McFadden ends up being as good as projected. If he runs like the next AP/LT and the Pats get a extra 1st and 2nd round pick..thats not going to offset losing out on that stud RB.

Maroney sucks balls.

McFadden could be better than AP. They're nuts if they don't take him. Moss may not be with the team next year...same with Stallworth. I kind of see this Pats offense as being a 1 season fluke given the perfect storm of Moss/Brady/Stallworth/Welker/Watson.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt the Pats want to tie themselves up with an overpriced rookie even if it is McFadden. I bet they will trade down. Their needs aren't exactly ones that go in the top of the first round. They need LBers, cause theres are getting old, they probally could use another CB, and I don't think the top of the draft has anyone like Champ or anything, the rest of their team is pretty much fine. It's not like they couldn't use a McFadden, they could, just he would cost a lot and he wouldn't be that much better then what they currently have seeing that they don't use their running game all that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they had AP instead of Maroney/Morris/Falk...do u think they might run the ball a bit more?