Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Roommate from Hell

[ QUOTE ]
Same with your booze. If you have to keep it in your room to keep him from mooching, do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, [censored] no, you confront him and tell him to stop stealing your [censored].
Old 07-10-2006, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Same with your booze. If you have to keep it in your room to keep him from mooching, do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, [censored] no, you confront him and tell him to stop stealing your [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Just tell him he sucks and you want him to move out. How many more months until the new lease? Torture him with noise and ridicule and if he refuses to move, break the lease and eat the fee.

NT
Old 07-10-2006, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The third is my dorm roommate from freshman year who has just followed me along.

Our lease here ends very soon, but we STUPIDLY all signed for another year.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have lived with this guy for 2 years, then signed a lease for another year, and then figured out you don't like him??

Sorry, no pity here. You need to figure it out. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2006, 03:56 AM

So you've known this guy sucks since your freshman year, currently spent a year living directly in his suckiness, and you let him sign a lease for another year?

You should be grateful your only punishment is the cancellation fee. You've brought everything greater than that on your self.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The third is my dorm roommate from freshman year who has just followed me along.

Our lease here ends very soon, but we STUPIDLY all signed for another year.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have lived with this guy for 2 years, then signed a lease for another year, and then figured out you don't like him??

Sorry, no pity here. You need to figure it out. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing. He was always annoying and would do some of the things listed above, but he has become MUCH worse over the past few months. You guys are right though. Completely our fault for signing with him again. Also, the guy who needs a place to live has just come into the picture.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:04 AM

I was just going to say that there is some physical property in the universe that makes one roommate be bad and not do his dishes and stuff, but this guy put a lathe in your living room!!!!

If you all leave, he's not likely to be staying anyway, so just tell him that you don't want to live with him and if he doesn't leave you all will.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:07 AM

Can we get a pic of the lathe in the living room?

That's just too funny... do you have wood dust all over the place? Or does he not actually use it in the apt?
Old 07-10-2006, 04:12 AM

After reading every [censored] update of this thread I finally decided to find out what a lathe actually is and I must say that is [censored] funny.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can we get a pic of the lathe in the living room?

That's just too funny... do you have wood dust all over the place? Or does he not actually use it in the apt?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea here ya go. Roommate is pictured. TV is behind the shaft.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:35 AM

From past experience, vicious confrontations of inconsiderate douchebag roommates usually do not go well and leave the situation awkward for months to come. And then you can't trust them at all after that.

Most of these dumb [censored] are oblivious and won't even respond well to threats. They find some way to turn it around on you guys. Roommate conflicts are highly strategic situations.

When you do confront him, expect him to try come up with anything that you guys do wrong as an attempt to justify his stupidity, even though he never once asked you guys not to do anything you were doing.

This is summer? Can't you three guys get another place next semester? I know someone who bailed with his friends on one obnoxious roommate. This is the cleanest solution. Don't even tell him that you got a new place without him.

If that's not an option, don't bother talking to the RA, but talk to someone who works for the university fulltime, and find out what the process is. If it ends in him leaving, find out how long the process takes.

If you're convinced anything short of an ass kicking, such as a lame group intervention, won't get him to change, you want this on a path that gets him the [censored] out of there.

Remember the point about him firing back about what you guys do. If you have to go the RA/Reslife route you guys should talk it out amongst yourself and think up what you all do that is annoying that he could complain about. Remember, the university workers/RA do not live with you and he can completely twist things out of proportion. Not doing that annoying stuff or being able to say 'Oh yeh, Roommate X brought that to my attention already so I've been laying off Annoying Thing Here'.