Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 01:50 PM

Default 3 handed FL v.s. two total maniacs

So I’m playing 6 handed 3-6 FL v.s. a bunch of loose and pretty bad players. Things are going well, and then a few players leave, and its 3 handed. Suddenly, out of the blue, both of my opponents start going mental. I'm talking psycho, like clicking the raise any buttons every hand. We play for 1/2 an hour, with EVERY POT capped preflop, and 80% of hands capped on flop, 50% on turn. Its like they are colluding trapping me, but they are doing it with junk. I try to play somewhat tight, but when you have to call 4 bets pf every single time, then fold on flop, or call another 4 bets on a bad flop, its very expensive. AVG pot was over 10BB. I ended up busting, as I think i was too tight, a few times I had a premium starting hand, i.e. AA24, capped preflop (obviously), then flop completely misses, like KK10, and there’d be bet and raise into me.

Has anyone played in this type of game? Where the opponents are either super hyper aggressive or both extremely tilty? I feel like it could have been +EV if I knew how to play, but it’s not as easy as it sounds.

FYI: This was on a small site (-1000 total players) that usually doesn't have much O8 action. All of the players were heroes, bringing in 1-4K chips to the table. It really felt like most of the players didn't usually play O8, they are used to SH holdem games, where aggression is key.