Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Locals here vs Locals elsewhere?

[ QUOTE ]
Foxwoods is the only place where the locals live in fear of the tourists. One day I asked one of the better players why he had sunglasses on. He told me "I don't need them for the usual guys, but the WPT is in town this week, and the guys from AC can read body language." I spent the rest of the day watching the locals grumble about the tourists who were winning all the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny because when I go on vacation somewhere and end up playing poker, it seems they're scared to death of me because I live in Vegas. If this town has such a bad rep of having nothing but insane pros living in it, why do they all come here and play? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I've just not figured that out. People always ask me if I know Doyle, Chip, Danny N, ect... I'm like, wtf, do I look like I'm playing 4k/8k ? ROFL
Old 09-08-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's funny because when I go on vacation somewhere and end up playing poker, it seems they're scared to death of me because I live in Vegas. If this town has such a bad rep of having nothing but insane pros living in it, why do they all come here and play? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
The tremendous variety of 2/4 Hold'em.

But I come for the free Red Bull and Vodka 24/7.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:27 PM

You have some good points. But unfortunately, vegas locals are about 60% complete jerks, 20% rocks without any noticeable personality, and the rest OK. Therefore a table full of vegas regulars is more likely to stand out as a game you'd prefer to avoid. Also, many vegas regulars talk too dang much about the finer points of strategy, but usually only to each other.

I never had any comments like these about california regulars because this type of behavior was not nearly as prevalent. I think living in vegas must make you jaded after a while.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:46 PM

I just got back from LA. In the games I played there is no difference between the games there or here. Not a bit, except perhaps there was slightly less drinking. I think the myth is more than the reality.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from LA. In the games I played there is no difference between the games there or here. Not a bit, except perhaps there was slightly less drinking. I think the myth is more than the reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

step up to limits where they respect your raises ;p

All joking aside there is a HUGE difference once you enter the middle limits. I haven't played NL in CA so I can't compare but for limit the difference between LA and Vegas is dramatic.