Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: 200NL How is my line here?

Will villain fold AQ or AJ on this turn? I think turn is a call otherwise. Just make sure you can squeeze at least $23 bucks out of him everytime you hit.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
An UTG raise from a TAG villian says big pair or big ace. You can justify playing a flush draw on the flop, with the poor pot odds he gave you, if you think he will pay off a flush when it hits. I dont think he will.

[/ QUOTE ]

His range utg is a lot wider than big aces and big pairs. Calling this flop can even be profitable with the intention of betting the turn if he checks to us regardless of whether the flush hits or not.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:07 AM

If your image is decent I assume you are raising flop to protect against flush draws?

Calling flop makes your hand so transparant that a turn raise looks totally out of line. He's probablly not betting turn UI, so AQ, AJ are gonna wanna call you. If your gonna call this hand pre, I think you either call flop and fold turn or raise flop and bet turn if called.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:35 AM

I would fold flop.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:00 AM

Thanx for the replies.

Im not thrilled about my line either.

This guy is folding AQ or less to the turn raise almost always I think. The only problem is that turn is a K and AK never folds. Also when he fires again that indicates strenght because of the board and I doubt he fires 2 barrels a lot in this spot.

In hindsight I think I should have called the turn and stacked him if I hit if he had 2 pair or better since its hard to put me on a flush draw calling 2 streets here.

I have 23 % equity against trips on the turn and more against 2 pair top pair. The problem is I have to call when he showes.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
An UTG raise from a TAG villian says big pair or big ace. You can justify playing a flush draw on the flop, with the poor pot odds he gave you, if you think he will pay off a flush when it hits. I dont think he will.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realise that you contradict yourself here? You think UTG is ever getting away from a strong A/2pair/set if we hit our flush/gutshot straight? He is paying off just fine with his full stack. Nobody cares about the pot odds he gives us on the flop - the key here are the implied odds we get when we actually hit. Unfortunately our hero destroys all our implied odds by pushing turn ...

Again - everybody who folds this flop is way too nitty IMO cuz this is a lovely drawing hand.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:51 AM

Why the f.... are everyone talking about flop. Its a standard call and a raise is ok too, a fold is terrible!!

Dont spoil the thread please.