Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

I'm very intersted in this topic, so I'm proud to announce that I made it about 9 lines in before I quit.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As you might imagine, I've never thought much of Nietzsche, though I recognize and respect his influence.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just couldn't let this thread die, could you? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And yes, you make it very obvious that you would dislike Nietzsche. Penchant for all-or-nothing thinking + faith --> intense hate of nihilism imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neitzsche's support for the idea of creating your own morality and perspectivism liven him up though. The perspectivism is something Cardo might find intriguing.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:12 PM

Cardo,

The answer lies in reality TV. I was watching Whitestarr frontman Cisco Adler on his show The Rock Life talking to a friend after a fight about trying to get laid and thought of you:

"You do the same thing that everyone does, bro. Every guy does it. Some do it well and some don't. But you instantly think we're scumbags because we do it well."
Old 08-14-2007, 03:18 PM

Diablo,

I would expect no other viewpoint from you; certainly not in public!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardo,

The answer lies in reality TV. I was watching Whitestarr frontman Cisco Adler on his show The Rock Life talking to a friend after a fight about trying to get laid and thought of you:

"You do the same thing that everyone does, bro. Every guy does it. Some do it well and some don't. But you instantly think we're scumbags because we do it well."

[/ QUOTE ]

elD, does this mean your calling cardo a closet scumbag? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2007, 03:26 PM

I think he's saying we all are, and that the guys who say they are just rationalizing their weakness / incompetence. This division of the world into pimps and haters is an ancient idea with a rich tradition - consult our buddy Friedrich up there.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:27 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Ross: Reason why this thread is 625 posts? I will never read it, so please do your best to tell me. Best, Matt
Old 08-14-2007, 04:37 PM

Matty,

Mangled OP, I'm an easy man to start fights with, it's a popular / controversial subject.

Best wishes, and hope to see you soon!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:26 PM

It's hilarious how the haters keep making up strawmen and calling people 'sheep' for listening to the advice that guys who struggle to talk to women should:

1) be an interesting/exciting person while being congruent with your self, and

2) dress in an attractive/stylish manner, and

3) have interesting things to say, and be able to carry on a conversation with a woman or group of people you just met.

These are not 'gimmicks,' not tricks, and not about flashing cash - no matter how many times retards say it is.

Girls want to, practically have a biological need to, talk with guys so they can decide if they are physically and/or emotionally interested in them.

Most women at a bar or club are single, and looking for a fun time that includes some level of physical interaction with the right guy. And many of the ones that 'have a boyfriend' are as well.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's hilarious how the haters keep making up strawmen and calling people 'sheep' for listening to the advice that guys who struggle to talk to women should:

1) be an interesting/exciting person while being congruent with your self, and

2) dress in an attractive/stylish manner, and

3) have interesting things to say, and be able to carry on a conversation with a woman or group of people you just met.

These are not 'gimmicks,' not tricks, and not about flashing cash - no matter how many times retards say it is.

Girls want to, practically have a biological need to, talk with guys so they can decide if they are physically and/or emotionally interested in them.

Most women at a bar or club are single, and looking for a fun time that includes some level of physical interaction with the right guy. And many of the ones that 'have a boyfriend' are as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But then they play the "morality" card. I made a post a couple of pages ago about that, and how you can learn this stuff while being true to yourself. I was really really interested in what OP would respond to that. Alas, no dice.